Sunshine Coast, Queensland
|Population||549 (2016 census)|
|• Density||46.13/km2 (119.5/sq mi)|
|Area||11.9 km2 (4.6 sq mi)|
|Time zone||AEST (UTC10)|
|Location||106 km (66 mi) from Brisbane|
|LGA(s)||Sunshine Coast Region|
There is farming within the area with crops such as pineapples, lychees, macadamias, mangoes, bananas, citrus, avocados and a small quantity of coffee beans grown. Some of the older settlers trialled Shiraz grapes in the region but it did not rate in James Halliday's Wine Companions. Livestock include cattle, alpacas and honey-bees.
Hunchy State School opened on 18 August 1924.It closed on 31 December 1969.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Hunchy (SSC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Hunchy - locality (entry 48674)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- https://library.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/Heritage/History-by-Locality/Town-Histories/Eudlo-Hunchy-Dulong Archived 7 March 2017 at the Wayback Machine. Sunshine Coast Council. Retrieved 07 March 2017.
- Palmwoods Archived 4 October 2012 at the Wayback Machine. Queensland Places. Centre for the Government of Queensland. Retrieved 13 October 2014.
- Queensland Family History Society (2010), Queensland schools past and present (Version 1.01 ed.), Queensland Family History Society, ISBN 978-1-921171-26-0
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Hunchy (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 13 October 2014.
|This article about the geography of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|