Hungarian Central Statistical Office
The Hungarian Central Statistical Office (HSCO; Hungarian: Központi Statisztikai Hivatal (KSH)) is a quango responsible for collecting, processing and publishing statistics about Hungary, its economy, and its inhabitants. The office provides details for parliamentary and administrative offices, local councils and academia, financial institutions, the public at large and the media.
- To devise and conduct surveys
- To demand collection of statistical data for the central state statistical system
- To process and analyse information from the collection of statistical data based on compulsory and voluntary data supply
- To supply data and analysis for state organizations
- To satisfy requests from non-governmental organisations, parties, local government, academic researchers and the general public
- To prepare and make the census and to process and publish the data from it.
Legal reference: KSH - Rules on Statistics
- Organization of National Statistics Act No. XXV of 1874
- Hungarian Royal Central Statistical Office Act No XXXV of 1897
- Official Statistical Service Act No XIX of 1929
- State Statistics Act No VI. of 1952
- Statistics Act No. V. of 1973
- Statistics Act No. XLVI of 1993
There are around 1,050 people employed at the central office, with a further 450 at regional offices.
- Departments reporting directly to the president
- Internal Audit Section
- Administration and International
- Departments reporting to the Deputy President responsible for statistical issues
- Price Statistics
- Living Standards and Labour Statistics
- Foreign Trade Statistics
- Agriculture and Environment Statistics
- National Accounts
- Population Statistics
- Statistical Research and Methodology Department
- Sector Accounts
- Services Statistics
- Social Services Statistics
- Business Statistics
- Departments reporting to the Deputy President responsible for economic affairs
- "Act XLVI of 1993 On Statistics". National Assembly of Hungary (published 1 January 2007). 1993.
- "Regulation (EC) No 223/2009 Of the European Parliament and of the Council" (PDF). Official Journal of the European Union (published 31 March 2009). 11 March 2009.
- "HCSO Introduction". Hungarian Central Statistical Office. Retrieved 19 September 2009.
- "Organizational scheme of the HCSO". Hungarian Central Statistical Office. Retrieved 19 September 2009.
- "Organizational Scheme" (PDF). Hungarian Central Statistical Office. 27 September 2008. Retrieved 19 September 2009.