|Boat weight||2,450 lb (1,111 kg)|
|Draft||2.25 ft (0.69 m)|
|LOA||23.25 ft (7.09 m)|
|LWL||19.58 ft (5.97 m)|
|Beam||8.00 ft (2.44 m)|
|Engine type||Outboard motor|
|Keel/board type||wing keel|
|Ballast||800 lb (363 kg)|
|Rig type||Bermuda rig|
|I (foretriangle height)||26.00 ft (7.92 m)|
|J (foretriangle base)||8.50 ft (2.59 m)|
|P (mainsail luff)||25.67 ft (7.82 m)|
|E (mainsail foot)||9.75 ft (2.97 m)|
|Sailplan||Fractional rigged sloop|
|Mainsail area||125.14 sq ft (11.626 m2)|
|Jib/genoa area||110.50 sq ft (10.266 m2)|
|Total sail area||235.64 sq ft (21.892 m2)|
The Hunter 23 is a small recreational keelboat, built predominantly of fiberglass, with wood trim. It has a fractional sloop rig, a raked stem, a reverse transom, a transom-hung rudder controlled by a tiller and a fixed wing keel or centerboard. It displaces 2,450 lb (1,111 kg) and carries 800 lb (363 kg) of ballast.
The wing keel-equipped version of the boat has a draft of 2.25 ft (0.69 m), while the centreboard-equipped version has a draft of 4.90 ft (1.49 m) with the centreboard extended and 2.0 ft (0.61 m) with it retracted, allowing ground transportation on a trailer.
The wing keel version has a PHRF racing average handicap of 237 with a high of 258 and low of 226. The centerboard version has a PHRF racing average handicap of 237 with a high of 219 and low of 276. It has a hull speed of 5.93 kn (10.98 km/h).
- Beneteau First 235
- Bluenose one-design sloop
- O'Day 23
- Paceship 23
- Paceship PY 23
- Precision 23
- Rob Roy 23
- Schock 23
- Sonic 23
- Stone Horse
- Browning, Randy (2018). "Hunter 23 sailboat specifications and details". sailboatdata.com. Retrieved 28 August 2018.
- Browning, Randy (2018). "Hunter Marine (USA)". sailboatdata.com. Retrieved 28 August 2018.
- InterVisionSoft LLC (2018). "Sailboat Specifications for Hunter 23". Sailing Joy. Retrieved 28 August 2018.
- InterVisionSoft LLC (2018). "Sailboat Specifications for Hunter 23 WK". Sailing Joy. Retrieved 28 August 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hunter 23.|