Hunter 27 Edge
|Designer||Hunter Design Team|
|Boat weight||3,450 lb (1,565 kg)|
|Draft||4.92 ft (1.50 m) with centerboard down|
|LOA||26.35 ft (8.03 m)|
|LWL||24.18 ft (7.37 m)|
|Beam||8.33 ft (2.54 m)|
|Engine type||Outboard motor|
|Ballast||1,600 lb (726 kg) of water|
|Rudder(s)||internally-mounted spade-type rudder|
|Rig type||B&R rig|
|I (foretriangle height)||23.67 ft (7.21 m)|
|J (foretriangle base)||11.48 ft (3.50 m)|
|P (mainsail luff)||24.83 ft (7.57 m)|
|E (mainsail foot)||12.25 ft (3.73 m)|
|Sailplan||Fractional rigged sloop|
|Mainsail area||152.08 sq ft (14.129 m2)|
|Jib/genoa area||135.87 sq ft (12.623 m2)|
|Total sail area||287.95 sq ft (26.751 m2)|
The Hunter 27 Edge is a small recreational motorsailer, built predominantly of fiberglass. It has a fractional sloop B&R rig, a raked stem, a walk-through reverse transom with a swimming platform, an internally-mounted spade-type rudder controlled by a wheel and a retractable centerboard keel.
The design displaces 3,450 lb (1,565 kg) empty of ballast, 5,048 lb (2,290 kg) with full water ballast and carries 1,598 lb (725 kg) of flooding water ballast. The ballast is required for sailing but is drained for road transport and powered use.
The Hunter 27 Edge can be fitted with an outboard motor of up to 75 hp (56 kW), which can produce speeds of over 20 kn (37.04 km/h) in planing mode without water ballast. The design was advertised as being suitable for towing water skiers. The fuel tank holds 6 U.S. gallons (23 L; 5.0 imp gal) and the fresh water tank has a capacity of 2.5 U.S. gallons (9.5 L; 2.1 imp gal).
- Browning, Randy (2018). "Hunter 27 Edge sailboat specifications and details". sailboatdata.com. Retrieved 16 October 2018.
- Hunter Marine (2008). "The Edge" (PDF). www.marlow-hunter.com. Retrieved 16 October 2018.
- Browning, Randy (2018). "Hunter Marine". sailboatdata.com. Retrieved 16 October 2018.
- Hunter Marine. "Previous Models". www.marlow-hunter.com. Retrieved 16 October 2018.
- InterVisionSoft LLC (2018). "Sailboat Specifications for Hunter 27 Edge". Sailing Joy. Retrieved 16 October 2018.