|Clemson Tigers – No. 13|
|Position||Wide receiver / Punt returner|
|High school||Myrtle Beach (SC) Socastee|
|Born:||December 21, 1995|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight||180 lb (82 kg)|
|Career highlights and awards|
High school career
Renfrow attended Socastee High School in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, where his father, Tim, was the football coach. He played quarterback for Socastee's American football team and was rated by Rivals.com as a two-star recruit. He received offers from Appalachian State, Gardner-Webb, Presbyterian, and Wofford, where his father played.
Despite receiving scholarship offers to play football and baseball at schools in the Football Championship Subdivision, Renfrow enrolled at Clemson University, and walked on to the Clemson Tigers football team. He was 5 feet 10 inches (1.78 m) and weighed only 155 pounds (70 kg). He took a redshirt in 2014. By 2015, when he had increased to 176 pounds (80 kg), he received a scholarship. Renfrow played in all 13 games as a redshirt freshman in 2015, making ten starts, and recording 492 yards and five touchdowns. He caught two touchdown passes in the 2016 College Football Playoff National Championship. In 2016, Renfrow played in just nine games as a sophomore due to injury. He recorded 353 yards and caught four touchdown passes. In the 2017 College Football Playoff National Championship against the Alabama Crimson Tide, he caught the game-winning touchdown from quarterback Deshaun Watson with one second remaining in the game.
Renfrow is one of six children. His mother, Suzanne, and brother, Jordan, both graduated from Clemson. Renfrow's father, Tim, is one of eleven children.
- Schnell, Lindsay (September 30, 2015). "Learning to adjust: How a big family influence molded Clemson walk-on Hunter Renfrow". Sports Illustrated. Retrieved January 2, 2019.
- "Rivals.com". n.rivals.com.
- "Clemson receiver Hunter Renfrow goes from scrawny 150-pounder to NFL prospect?". Newsobserver.com. January 8, 2017. Retrieved January 2, 2019.
- "Hunter Renfrow, Clemson Tigers, Wide Receiver". 247Sports.
- Watson, Graham (January 9, 2017). "Hunter Renfrow becomes Clemson's unlikely star". Yahoo! Sports.
- "Clemson Tigers WR Hunter Renfrow wins Burslworth Trophy honoring walk-ons". Espn.com. December 3, 2018. Retrieved January 2, 2019.