The Hunter Valley Railway Trust (HVRT) is a railway museum located in North Rothbury, New South Wales Australia on the site of the Rothbury Riot. It includes various types of rolling stock, such as coal and freight wagons and passenger coaches, and a variety of ex-New South Wales Government Railways locomotives. It also included seven of the fourteen heritage-listed South Maitland Railways 10 Class locomotives, until they were sold.
South Maitland Railway 10 class locomotives
- SMR 17 – In open storage in black livery
- SMR 20 – In covered storage. Locomotive was operational in the 1990s but boiler ticket has since expired
- SMR 23 – In a dismantled state all over site, under restoration
- SMR 26 – In covered storage in black livery
- SMR 27 – In open Storage, dismantled, just bunker and frame. Side tanks and boiler were used to restore No 10
- SMR 28 – In covered storage in black livery
- SMR 31 – In covered storage in green livery
In April 2013 these seven locomotives were sold to the Dorrigo Steam Railway & Museum.