Hunter Water Corporation
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (August 2015)
|State-owned statutory corporation overview|
|Formed||1892 (Corportised 1992)|
|Dissolved||Hunter District Water Board|
|Jurisdiction||Newcastle and Lower Hunter Region|
|Headquarters||36 Honeysuckle Drive, Newcastle West, New South Wales, Australia|
|State-owned statutory corporation executives|
|Parent State-owned statutory corporation||Government of New South Wales|
Hunter Water is a state owned corporation providing drinking water, wastewater, recycled water and some stormwater services to 500,000 people in the Lower Hunter Region in New South Wales, Australia. It was formed in 1892, when the Hunter District Water Supply and Sewerage Board was founded, and was later known as the Hunter District Water Board between 1938 and 1992. 
Hunter Water's Managing Director is Dr Jim Bentley and Chair is Terry Lawler. 
Dams and catchments
"Water Wise" rules
Since July 2014, "Water Wise" rules apply to properties within its area of operations. The Rules are:
- All hoses must now have a trigger nozzle.
- Hand held hoses, sprinklers and watering systems may be used only before 10 am and after 4 pm on any day – to avoid the heat of the day
- No hosing of hard surfaces such as paths and driveways. Washing vehicles is allowed.
- Fire hoses may be used for fire fighting activities only.
- "Hunter Water Annual Report 2014-15" (PDF). Hunter Water Corporation. 2015-10-31. Retrieved 2016-11-18.
- "Our Executive Team". Hunter Water Corporation. 2015-10-31. Retrieved 2016-11-18.
- "Our Board Members". Hunter Water Corporation. 2015-10-31. Retrieved 2016-11-18.
- "Our Organisation". Hunter Water Corporation. 2012-06-01. Retrieved 2016-11-18.
- "Hunter District Water Supply and Sewerage Board (1892–1938)". Encyclopedia of Australian Science. 2001-07-16. Retrieved 2016-11-18.
- "Our Board Members". Hunter Water Corporation. 2016-11-17. Retrieved 2016-11-18.
- "Fact Sheet: Water Wise Rules from 1 July" (PDF). Hunter Water Corporation. May 2014. Retrieved 2016-11-18.
|This corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|