Hunter Wright Stadium
|Former names||Kingsport Sports Complex|
|Address||800 Granby Road|
|Seating type||Metal bleachers|
|Field shape||Standard baseball diamond|
Hunter Wright Stadium is a minor league baseball facility in Kingsport, Tennessee, named for the popular muli-term former mayor. Built in 1995, it seats 2,500. Hunter Wright is the home field of the Kingsport Mets, an affiliate of the New York Mets, in the Appalachian League.
The stadium's location, just a couple of miles from the Tennessee-Virginia line, allows Gate City High School in nearby Gate City, Va to rent the field for its baseball games, making Hunter Wright the home field for its Blue Devils baseball team. Hunter Wright also hosts a few home games for Kingsport's Dobyns-Bennett High School Indians, returning the favor from when the K-Mets played at the high school's field.
- Kingsport Mets official website
- Ballpark Reviews
- Baseball Reference
- Hunter Wright Stadium Views - Ball Parks of the Minor Leagues
- "Hunter Wright Stadium Information". KINGSPORT METS. Minor League Baseball. Retrieved 7 April 2015.
- Thwaites, George. "Coca-Cola Classic: Vikings come alive against Pats after being taken to woodshed by 'Betsy". KINGSPORT TIMES-NEWS. Kingsport Publishing Corporation. Retrieved 7 April 2015.
- Wilmoth, Steve (26 February 2014). "Schedule Announced for 2014 Coca-Cola Classic". Tri-Cities Sports. Retrieved 7 April 2015.
|This article about a baseball venue in Tennessee is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|