Hunter von Leer
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Hunter von Leer|
|Born||Paul Hunter von Leer
April 3, 1944
Terre Haute, Indiana, U.S.
Hunter von Leer (born in Terre Haute, Indiana; April 3, 1944) is an American actor who has appeared in films, television series, and television movies.
His first film role was in the 1972 movie Unholy Rollers. He also acted in the 1977 Mel Brooks parody High Anxiety and in Brooks' 1981 History of the World: Part 1. Hunter appeared in the 1981 John Carpenter horror movie Halloween II as Deputy Gary Hunt. His most recent film was the 2002 The Round and Round.
He starred on the daytime soap opera General Hospital as Larry Baker in 1977 and on the nighttime soap opera Dallas as terrorist B.D. Calhoun from 1986-1987. Von Leer has made single appearances on many television series, including Night Gallery, The Rockford Files, The Dukes of Hazzard, Quantum Leap and The West Wing.
He is a veteran professional shark fisherman. A hobby of his was skydiving.
- Unholy Rollers (1972) - Larry
- Cahill U.S. Marshal (1973) - Deputy Sheriff Jim Kane
- The Stone Killer (1973) - Graham
- Executive Action (1973) - Rifleman - Team B
- Framed (1975) - Dewey
- The Missouri Breaks (1976) - Sandy
- Black Sunday (1976) - T.V. Cameraman
- High Anxiety (1977) - Policeman at Airport
- Mean Dog Blues (1978) - Guard at Conjugal Barracks
- Steel (1979) - Surfer
- History of the World: Part I (1981) - Lt. Bob - The Roman Empire
- Halloween II (1981) - Gary Hunt
- Talkings Walls (1987) - James
- Under the Boardwalk (1988) - Midos
- Big Business (1988) - Petey
- Into the Sun (1992) - Lt. Col. Reynolds
- Trancers III (1992) (V) - Sen. McCoy
- The Stranger (1995) - Mayor Carl Perkins
- The Round and Round (2002) - M.B.