Huntik: Secrets & Seekers
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Huntik: Secrets & Seekers|
|Created by||Iginio Straffi|
|Developed by||Big Bocca Productions and Rainbow S.r.l.|
|Directed by||Michael Sinterniklaas (voice direction)|
|Voices of||Yuri Lowenthal
|Opening theme||"Huntik Go" (US) (Italy)
"Te Pertenezco" by Fey (MX)
|Ending theme||"Viveme" by Laura Pausini (MX) "L'ultimo bacio" by Carmen Consoli (Italy)|
|Country of origin||Mexico
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||52  (list of episodes)|
|Production company(s)||Rainbow S.p.A.|
|Original release||January 3, 2009– May 30, 2012|
Huntik: Secrets & Seekers is an Italian animated television series. Development of the series began in 2007 and it was created and directed by Iginio Straffi (creator of the Winx Club). The series was a co-production between Big Bocca Productions and Rainbow S.p.A. All of the show's designs, animation and visual style were created in Italy, while the scriptwriting and original voice recording were done in the United States. The series premiered on January 3, 2009, with one episode in the US and the first four episodes in Europe, making Jetix (UK) the home for premieres beyond the first episode.
The series follows Lok Lambert as he uncovers the secret legacy of his missing father. His father, Eathon, was a member of the Huntik Foundation and a part of a secret world of magic users known as Seekers and creatures known as Titans. On his mission to uncover what happened to his father, Lok is joined by Dante Vale, Sophie Casterwill, Zhalia Moon, and a talking Titan called Cherit. Season one focuses on the fight against the evil Organization, led by a powerful Seeker known as the Professor. Along the way, the team discovers the Amulet of Will and the powerful Legendary Titans. Though the Professor eventually acquires the three Legendary Titans of Mind, Body, and Spirit in a bid for immortality, he is defeated by the Huntik team.
In season two, an ancient and evil group known as the Blood Spiral reveals itself and seeks to summon evil and destructive beings known as the Nullifiers. This will have ramifications for everyone, with the Blood Spirals being linked to the destruction of Sophie's remaining family, the descendants of the powerful Lord Casterwill. A new hero, Den Fears, joins the Huntik team as Zhalia goes undercover within the Blood Spiral. A new set of Legendary Titans are uncovered, but their discovery only heralds the resurrection of the Blood Spiral's founder, the Betrayer.
Cast and characters
- Dante Vale (Marc Thompson): Dante is the Huntik Foundation's top Seeker and led a team consisting of Lok Lambert, Sophie Casterwill, and Zhalia Moon. He uses his abilities as a Seeker, a martial artist, and a detective to lead his team on a mission to find the lost father of Lok Lambert.
- Zhalia Moon (Karen Strassman): Zhalia is a tough lone wolf who uses her abilities for espionage and creating illusions. Adopted at a young age by Klaus, a member of the Organization, she struggled between her upbringing in the Organization and her new friends within the Huntik Foundation. During season 2, she infiltrated the Blood Spiral for the Foundation and served as a bodyguard for Harrison Fears.
- Lok Lambert (Yuri Lowenthal - Season 1; Drew Aaron - Season 2): Lok is the son of the legendary Seeker, Eathon Lambert. Though bored by his textbooks, he is excellent at solving puzzles. Lok grew up knowing nothing about being a Seeker until he discovered his father's Amulet. He aspires to be a top Seeker like his father. During season 1, Lok is a key member of the team that took down the Professor, Simon Judeau. During season 2, Lok becomes the new Champion of Casterwill to fight against the Blood Spiral. As the story progresses, he develops romantic feelings for Sophie.
- Sophie Casterwill (Rebecca Soler): Sophie is a book-smart girl from the Casterwill family's House of Nobles. Her family was lost due to arson, leaving her to believe herself to be the last of the Casterwill nobility. She was raised by her bodyguard, Santiago, and her tutor/butler, LeBlanche. Due to her training, she is able to sense magical energy and to learn new spells with ease. During season 1, she had a rivalry with Zhalia Moon. During season 2, she takes the position of the head of the Casterwill family. As the story progresses, she develops romantic feelings for Lok.
- Cherit (Marc Thompson): Cherit is an ancient, bat-like Titan who was once the friend of Lord Casterwill. He is among the only Titans who are able to speak audibly. Through unknown causes, his memory of the past and his Amulet were lost. His adventures with the Huntik Foundation help him to rediscover his past as he assists by powering up allied Titans.
- Den Fears: Den and his brother, Harrison, grew up as outcast orphans. Much like Lok, Den dislikes having to study from books. Due to having been marked by the Spiral, Den is able to sense when the Spiral is performing great evils. During season 2, they were approached by the Blood Spiral. Den sees the Spiral as evil and instead joins the Huntik Foundation. He fights against the Blood Spiral in order to save his brother from their evil influence.
- The Professor/Simon Judeau (Mike Pollock): The Professor is a former member of the Huntik Foundation and the founder of the Organization. After a mission with Eathon Lambert, Lok's father, Simon, was cursed and his body mangled. The Professor is the only one who knew what happened to Eathon. Due to his time as a team with Eathon Lambert, the Professor named his dog Eathon after his old friend. During season 1, the Professor was the leader of the Organization. The Professor was defeated by the Huntik team.
- Grier (Richard Epcar): Grier is the rightful ruler of Sutos who believes that discipline will lead to peace. In season 1, Grier was part of the Organization in order to bring peace from civil war to the people of Sutos. In season 2, Grier fights side-by-side with Dante against the Blood Spirals and took control of the Organization from Wilder.
- The Betrayer: The Betrayer was one of the original Seekers under Lord Casterwill who betrayed the early Casterwill family in summoning back the Nullifiers to earth. Though defeated by the children of Lord Casterwill, the Betrayer used the power of the Blood Spiral to remain alive. During season 2, he deceived the Huntik team, leading them on false cues to break the seal on the Spiral Mark, restoring him to life and signaling the Nullifiers. Though defeated, the Betrayer's goal of activating the Spiral Mark to signal the Nullifiers was accomplished.
- Rassimov (Maddie Blaustein and Marc Diraison): Rassimov was the leader of the Blood Spiral under the Betrayer. During Season 1, Rassimov infiltrated the Organization and orchestrated the fall of the Professor and planted Demigorgan as a Holotome within the Professor's . During season 2, Rassimov revealed his true allegiance.
Huntik: Secrets & Seekers premiered on January 3, 2009, airing on Jetix in the UK and The CW4Kids. In Europe, the series moved to Disney XD (UK and Ireland) and CITV. In India, the series' first season aired on Disney XD (India) in 2010. In the United States, starting on August 6, 2012, repeats of the first season (with a shortened title sequence) began airing on Nicktoons cable network. In Serbia aired on Happy TV on Serbian language
A second season, which premiered in Italy in the fall of 2011, was announced to air in the fall of 2012 in a magazine along with the new season of the Winx Club. However, the second season began airing in the spring of 2012 in UK on CITV and Australia on channel eleven.
A tie-in Huntik trading card game was developed by Upper Deck and released in February 2009 with starter packs and booster packs being released. A line of 5 inch action figures has also been released.
||This section has an unclear citation style. Learn how and when to remove this template message) (February 2012) (|
- "Huntik (52 episodes) is a new animated action adventure property". Cynopsis Media.
- "An interview with the folks behind Huntik". DVD Planet. Archived from the original on July 23, 2012.
- "Huntik: Secrets & Seekers". IMDB. Retrieved August 14, 2015.
- "Huntik: Secrets & Seekers". Metacritic. Retrieved August 14, 2015.
- "Huntik action figures". The Upper Deck E-Newsletter.