|Directed by||Martine Blue|
|Produced by||Heidi Wagner|
|Written by||Martine Blue|
Joel Thomas Hynes
|Music by||Simon Miminis|
|Cinematography||Stéphanie Anne Weber Biron|
|Edited by||Martine Blue|
|Distributed by||A71 Entertainment|
Hunting Pignut is a Canadian drama film, directed by Martine Blue and released in 2016. The film stars Taylor Hickson as Bernice, a young girl who sets off on her own in pursuit of Pignut (Joel Thomas Hynes) after he crashes her father's funeral and steals the ashes.
The film premiered at the Whistler Film Festival in 2016, before going into general release in 2017. Hickson won the Rising Star Award at Whistler, and was nominated for a Leo Award for Best Actress. At the Arizona International Film Festival in 2017, the film won the award for Best First Feature.
- "Whistler Film Festival 2016: Hunting Pignut". The Georgia Straight, November 23, 2016.
- "Hunting Pignut paints a 'genial and balanced' portrait". National Post, September 14, 2017.
- "Grand Theatre to show Indie film with Taylor Hickson". Kelowna Daily Courier, September 15, 2017.
- "N.L. director Martine Blue picks up film fest award for ‘Hunting Pignut’". Gander Beacon, May 2, 2017.
- "Newfoundland singer-songwriter Dani Bailey nominated for Canadian Screen Award". The Telegram, January 17, 2018.
|This article related to a Canadian film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|