Huntington North High School
|Huntington North High School|
|450 MacGahan Street
Huntington, Indiana, Huntington County 46750
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Huntington County Community School Corporation|
|Athletics conference||Northeast Eight Conference|
Huntington North opened in 1969 upon the consolidation of the North and South campuses of Huntington County Community High School. The school is operated by the Huntington County Community School Corporation. Russell Degitz is currently the principal of the school.
For the 2013-14 school year, the demographic breakdown of the 1741 students is:
- White 1636 - 94%
- Black 7 - 0.4%
- Asian 10 - 0.6%
- Hispanic 45 - 2.6%
- Native American 10 - 0.6%
- Multiracial 33 - 1.9%
Huntington North, home of the Vikings, is a member of the Northeast Eight Conference. The school's colors are red, white and black. The girls basketball team took the state title in 1990 and 1995.
- Chris Kramer, professional basketball player.
- Wave Myers, former Ball State University head football coach, coached here in 1957-58.
- "Huntington North". IHSAA.org. IHSAA. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "Huntington North High School". DOE Compass. Indiana Dept of Education. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "IHSAA State Championships by School". ihsaa.org. ihsaa. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "1995 NSPA Yearbook and Magazine Pacemakers". www.studentpress.org/. National Scholastic Press Association. Archived from the original on 10 August 2014. Retrieved 5 August 2014.