Huntsburg Township, Geauga County, Ohio
|Huntsburg Township, Geauga County, Ohio|
Huntsburg Township's government building
Location of Huntsburg Township in Geauga County
|• Total||24.4 sq mi (63.2 km2)|
|• Land||23.7 sq mi (61.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.7 sq mi (1.8 km2)|
|Elevation||1,260 ft (384 m)|
|• Density||154/sq mi (59.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086154|
Located in the eastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Montville Township - north
- Hartsgrove Township, Ashtabula County - northeast corner
- Windsor Township, Ashtabula County - east
- Mesopotamia Township, Trumbull County - southeast corner
- Middlefield Township - south
- Burton Township - southwest corner
- Claridon Township - west
- Hambden Township - northwest corner
No municipalities are located in Huntsburg Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Huntsburg township, Geauga County, Ohio (revision of 12-05-2012)". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved January 13, 2017.
- "Geographic Identifiers: Census 2000 Summary File 1 (SF 1) 100-Percent Data (G001): Huntsburg township, Geauga County, Ohio". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved January 13, 2017.
- Overman, William Daniel (1958). Ohio Town Names. Akron, OH: Atlantic Press. p. 63.
- Gannett, Henry (1905). The Origin of Certain Place Names in the United States. Govt. Print. Off. p. 163.
- "Detailed map of Ohio". United States Census Bureau. 2010.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.