Hurghada International Airport
|Hurghada International Airport
مطار الغردقة الدولي
|IATA: HRG – ICAO: HEGN|
|Elevation AMSL||52 ft / 16 m|
Hurghada International Airport (IATA: HRG, ICAO: HEGN) is the international airport of Hurghada in Egypt. It is located inland, 5 km (3.1 mi) southwest of El Dahar, the downtown of Hurghada. It is the second busiest airport in Egypt after Cairo International Airport and important destination for leisure flights mainly from Europe.
The airport is currently features two passenger terminals: Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Construction of the new terminal complex at a cost of $335 million, which was mainly financed by the Arab Fund for Economic Development. Egypt's aviation minister, Houssam Kamal, said that the airport would be able to host up to 13 million visitors annually. The project was inaugurated by President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi on December 17, 2014. The new terminal has a total area of 92,000 square meters on 3 levels. The departure hall has 72 check-in counters and 20 departure gates.
Airlines and destinations
Car hire is available at the airport. Regular taxis, tourist taxis and minibuses operate from the airport as well.
- Airport information for HEGN at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for HRG at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- "Egypt completes Hurghada airport expansion". Al-Arabiya. 17 December 2014. Retrieved 17 December 2014.
- "Egypt doubles Red Sea airport capacity in anticipation of more tourists". Al-Bawaba. 17 December 2014. Retrieved 17 December 2014.
- "Sisi inaugurates a new terminal in the Hurgadah International Airport". The Cairo Post. 17 December 2014. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Nile Air Schedules Domestic Egypt Service Launch in July 2016". Retrieved 10 May 2016.
- Pegasus Airlines begin new service to Egypt
- Groningen Airport Eelde krijgt lijndienst naar Egypte
Media related to Hurghada International Airport at Wikimedia Commons