Hurricane Charley (disambiguation)
The first three tropical cyclones named Charlie occurred while Atlantic tropical cyclones were named after the letter names used in the Joint Army/Navy Phonetic Alphabet. During this three-year period, the same list of names was used each year.
- Hurricane Charlie (1950), one of eight major hurricanes of the 1950 Atlantic Hurricane Season, peaked as a Category 3 storm while looping well east of Bermuda
- Hurricane Charlie (1951), powerful August hurricane that struck Cozumel, Mexico, and then mainland Mexico as a Category 4 storm
- Hurricane Charlie (1952), major hurricane that struck Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, as a tropical storm before strengthening to a Category 3 hurricane staying well at sea
The phonetic alphabet was briefly reintroduced in 1972 to name subtropical cyclones.
- Subtropical Storm Charlie (1972), subtropical cyclone that nearly reached hurricane force as it moved out to sea in September
The name Charley was added to the new standard list of hurricane names in 1980.
- Hurricane Charley (1980), Category 1 hurricane that looped across the north Atlantic Ocean without causing any reported damage in August
- Hurricane Charley (1986), Category 1 hurricane that made landfall along the North Carolina coast killing five; went on to hit Great Britain and Ireland as a strong extratropical storm
- Hurricane Charley (1992), Category 2 hurricane that drifted over the central Atlantic Ocean without affecting land in September
- Tropical Storm Charley (1998), tropical storm in August that nearly became a hurricane before weakening and making landfall near Port Aransas, Texas, causing significant flood damage to inland areas and killing 13 people
- Hurricane Charley (2004), destructive Category 4 storm that caused billions of dollars in damages, mostly in Southwest Florida
The name Charley was retired after the 2004 hurricane season. It was replaced by Colin in the 2010 season.
The name Charlie has been used for one tropical cyclone in the southwest Pacific.
- Cyclone Charlie (1988), struck Ayr, Queensland, in March, killing one person and leaving $2,300,000 (1988 USD) in damage
- Hurricane Charlie, street name for the designer drug, Bath salts (drug)
|This article includes a list of named storms that share the same name (or similar names).
If an internal link incorrectly led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended storm article.