|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Headquarters||St. Louis, Missouri|
|No. of offices||20|
|No. of attorneys||700|
|No. of employees||1500|
|Key people||Maurice A. Watson - Chairman
Gregory R. Smith - CEO/Managing Partner
Paul Eberle - Deputy CEO
|Revenue||$346 million (2015)|
|Company type||Limited Liability Partnership|
Husch Blackwell LLP (formerly Husch Blackwell Sanders LLP) is a litigation and business services law firm with attorneys in offices in 19 cities, most of which are located in the Midwestern and Southern United States.
The firm was formed in 2008 as a combination of two regional law firms, Blackwell Sanders LLP and Husch & Eppenberger LLC . The firm also merged with Welsh & Katz Ltd., a Chicago law firm, in 2008, and with Brown McCarroll LLC, a Texas law firm, in 2013. In 2016, Husch Blackwell combined with Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek of Wisconsin. The firm specializes in the following industries: food and agribusiness; energy and natural resources; financial services and capital markets; healthcare; life sciences; higher education; real estate, development and construction; technology; manufacturing; and transportation.
Lawyers and Alumni
- Ike Skelton, former United States Representative and House Armed Services Committee Chairman
- Hal Daub, former U.S. representative for Nebraska's 2nd congressional district
- Tim Gay, former State Senator, Nebraska Unicameral Legislature and former Sarpy County Commissioner
- Catherine Hanaway, former United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Missouri
- Sly James, Kansas City mayor
- Honorable James C. Miller III, former chairman of the Federal Trade Commission, and former director of the Office of Management and Budget
- Thomas Schlafly, founder of the St. Louis Brewery
- Chris Koster, Missouri Attorney General
- Rodney Sippel, United States District Judge, Eastern District of Missouri
- Kirk Watson, Texas State Senator, former Mayor of Austin
- Husch Blackwell Sanders LLP is Officially - Husch Blackwell Sanders LLP
- "Offices | Husch Blackwell". Husch Blackwell. Retrieved 2017-01-13. Note that there are 20 offices in 19 cities (due to having two offices in St. Louis).
- Kansas City Business Journal article about merger
- ["Husch Happily Messes With Texas (Law Firm)". Kansas City Business Journal. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- "Husch Blackwell closes book on merger with Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek - Kansas City Business Journal". 2016-07-19. Retrieved 2016-07-28.
- "Firm Profile of Husch Blackwell LLP". The National Law Review. Retrieved 19 March 2014.
- Former Congressman Ike Skelton joins Husch Blackwell as Partner
- St. Louis Business Journal Article - Hanaway appointed U.S. Attorney
- (Press Release) Husch and Blackwell Merger Article