|IATA: HSL – ICAO: PAHL – FAA LID: HLA|
|Owner||State of Alaska DOT&PF - Northern Region|
|Elevation AMSL||213 ft / 65 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Huslia Airport (IATA: HSL, ICAO: PAHL, FAA LID: HLA) is a state-owned public-use airport located one nautical mile (1.85 km) east of the central business district of Huslia, in the Yukon-Koyukuk Census Area of the U.S. state of Alaska.
Although most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned HLA by the FAA and HSL by the IATA (which assigned HLA to Lanseria Airport in Lanseria, South Africa). The airport's ICAO identifier is PAHL.
Huslia Airport covers an area of 203 acres (82 ha) at an elevation of 220 feet (67 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 3/21 with a gravel surface measuring 4,000 by 75 feet (1,219 x 23 m). This replaced the former runway, which had the same designation and measured 3,000 by 60 feet (914 m × 18 m).
Airlines and destinations
The following airlines offer scheduled passenger service at this airport:
|Arctic Circle Air||Fairbanks |
|Frontier Flying Service||Galena|
|Warbelow's Air Ventures||Fairbanks, Hughes|
|Wright Air Service||Fairbanks, Hughes, Tanana, Ruby |
- FAA Airport Master Record for HLA ( PDF), effective 2009-07-02.
- "HSL / PAHL - Huslia, Alaska". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 2009-08-07.
- "HLA / FALA - Lanseria Airport, South Africa". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 2009-08-07.
- "Alaskan ICAO Identifiers". Federal Aviation Administration. Retrieved 2009-08-07.
- Annotated photo showing new runway under construction (JPG), FAA Alaska Region, June 2000.
- "Fairbanks Schedule". Arctic Circle Air. April 24, 2006.
- "2007 Timetable" (PDF). Frontier Flying Service. Retrieved August 31, 2007.
- "Flight Schedule". Wright Air Service. Retrieved June 15, 2012.
- FAA Alaska airport diagram (GIF)
- FAA Terminal Procedures for HLA, effective March 6, 2014
- Resources for this airport: