Hutch (Sri Lanka)
හචිසන් ටෙලිකොමියුනිකේෂන්ස් ලංකා (ප්රයිවට්) ලිමිටඩ් ஹட்சிஷன் டெலிகொமினிகேஷன் லங்கா (பிரைவட்) லிமிடட்
|Headquarters||234, Galle Road, Colombo 04, Sri Lanka|
|Parent||CK Hutchison Holdings Limited (85%)(controlling stake)|
Emirates Telecommunication Group Company PJSC (15%)
Hutch (Sinhalese: හච් Hach; Tamil: ஹட்ச்) is a Sri Lankan telecommunication service providers and the country's third largest mobile network operator, with 5.3 million subscribers and commanding 27% of the Sri Lankan mobile market. Hutch is a subsidiary of CK Hutchison Holdings Limited which owns 85% controlling stake of the company while the rest is held by Emirates Telecommunication Group Company PJSC. Initially it was called as "CallLink" and was the second mobile operator in Sri Lanka. Hutchison acquired its services in 1998 with the aim of being a nationwide operator in Sri Lanka. As of September 2018[update], Hutch has a network coverage of approximately 90% of the entire island.
Hutchison Telecom Lanka is a member of Hutchison Asia Telecom which comprises mobile telecommunications operations in the emerging markets of Indonesia, Vietnam, and Sri Lanka. Hutchison Asia Telecom is a key part of CK Hutchison Holdings which includes the 3 Group comprising 3G operations in Austria, Denmark, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Macau, Sweden. and the UK.
On November 30, 2018, Hutchison Telecommunications Lanka Ltd. completed the merger with Etisalat Lanka Ltd., and the surviving entity will be Hutch, thus making it the mobile service provider with third largest customer base in Sri Lanka, behind Dialog and Mobitel.
- "About Us". Hutch (Sri Lanka).
- "Chief Executive Officer Hutchison Telecommunications Sri Lanka". Hutch (Sri Lanka).
- "Mobitel, Dialog welcome Hutch-Etisalat merger". theMorning.lk. 9 December 2018.
- "Hutch Lanka completes merger with Etisalat Lanka". Telecomasia.net.
- "About Us". hutch.lk.
- "Archived copy". ft.lk. Archived from the original on 2015-09-24. Retrieved 2014-08-11.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Hutch 4G network rollout has begun in western province". Hutch.
|This article about a telecommunications company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|