|Owner||CK Hutchison Holdings|
|Parent||CK Hutchison Holdings|
Hutchison Ports, formerly known as Hutchison Port Holdings (HPH) is a private holding company incorporated in the British Virgin Islands. The network is a subsidiary of CK Hutchison Holdings (formerly Hutchison Whampoa).
In 2016, the network comprised 48 port operations throughout Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Europe, the Americas and Australasia.
In 2005, HPH was the largest port operator in the world, with a 33.2 million TEU throughput, and 8.3% world market share. Some of HPH's businesses were spun off and listed in Singapore as Hutchison Port Holdings Trust (zh), a business trust under Singapore's Business Trusts Act.
In September 2016, HPH rebranded its network as Hutchison Ports.
In December 2016 the Chornomorsk commercial seaport in Ukraine signed a cooperation agreement with Hutchison Ports. Among the agreed upon points are the company's entry into the port as a terminal operator as of 2017. Hutchison will provide expert consultative services to reform and improve Ukraine's port industry.
Also in December, 2016 The managers of Hutchison Port Holdings (HPH) Trust announced an agreement to purchase 41.3 percent of Huizhou International Container Terminals (HICT) from the sponsor of the trust for $86.26 million.
In January, 2017 HPH Trust signed a strategic agreement to manage the operations at five terminals, including 16 berths in Kwai Tsing in Hong Kong.
Current port assets
- As a subsidiary of Europe Container Terminals B.V., a subsidiary of HPH (98%)
- Marie-Hélène Le Rossignol (April 2007), Global Terminal Operators: An overview (PDF), 4. An Overview of the top 10 companies : Hutchinson Port Holdings (HPH), pp.8-9; 3. The top 10 GTO, Table 2 "GTO 2005 throughput", p.7
- "PSA buys 20% stake in HPH Hutchison Port Holdings, Hutchison Whampoa, PSA, Acquisition and mergers,". www.worldcargonews.com. Retrieved 2016-04-10.
- "Becoming Hutchison Ports". Hutchison Ports. Retrieved 6 October 2016.
- "Ukraine. Port of Chornomorsk signed a memorandum with Hutchison Ports". UkrAgroConsult (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "Singapore: HPH Trust acquires 41.3% in HICT for $86.26m - DealStreetAsia". www.dealstreetasia.com. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "Deals this week: Societe de Transport Lagunaire, Hutchison Port Holdings Trust, Fincantieri". Ship Technology. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- Hutchison Port Holdings
- "Hutchison Port Holdings acquires 30% stake of Westport Holdings". Hutchison Whampoa. 2000-09-26. Archived from the original on 2011-07-04. Retrieved 2010-03-28.
- "Annual Report" (PDF). Hutchison Whampoa. 2013. p. 78. Retrieved 14 March 2015.