Type of site
Huzlers is a Chicago based satirical news blog that focuses on celebrities, hip hop news, and entertainment. A number of its satirical stories have been mentioned on by many established press organizations such as USA Today and BuzzFeed.
According to Comscore, the site attracts about 387,000 unique visitors per month.
- 1 Notable articles
- 1.1 "'Jake, From State Farm' — Murdered For Cheating?"
- 1.2 "Man Arrested After Making Over $1 Million Selling Chuck E. Cheese Tokens As Bitcoins"
- 1.3 "Employee Fired For Putting His Mixtape in Happy Meals"
- 1.4 "Man Arrested After Showing Officer 'Finger Circle' When Asked For His License & Registration"
- 1.5 "FDA Finds Thousands of Coors Light Beers Laced With Cocaine Nationwide"
- 2 See also
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Several Huzlers articles have been reported by established news organizations.
"'Jake, From State Farm' — Murdered For Cheating?"
On October 26, 2015, the site published a satirical article claiming that Jake from the State Farm commercials caught cheating on his wife; in the article'Jake From State Farm' was reportedly found dead in his apartment bedroom Saturday night. According to authorities, Jake was killed by his wife after finding him in bed with another woman. Inquisitr later published an article "Jake From State Farm Murdered By Wife After Being Caught Cheating".
"Man Arrested After Making Over $1 Million Selling Chuck E. Cheese Tokens As Bitcoins"
Another story to receive wide publicity and belief was "Man Arrested After Making Over $1 Million Selling Chuck E. Cheese Tokens As “Bitcoins”", The story says a man scratched out the Chuck E. Cheese logo of his tokens and drew in the bitcoin logo before selling the coins on the street. The punishment for this fictional crime was a five-year prison sentence. The article was widely shared on social media.
"Employee Fired For Putting His Mixtape in Happy Meals"
On July 15, 2015, the site published a satirical article claiming that a McDonald's employee was fire for putting his mixtape inside kids happy meals. The article was shared over 1 millions times and debunked as satire by Complex (magazine),
"Man Arrested After Showing Officer 'Finger Circle' When Asked For His License & Registration"
On January 1, 2018, the site published a joke news article which appeared to report that a man had been arrested in Chicago after he tried to get a police officer to play the “circle game” during a traffic stop. The article was soon debunked by Snopes
"FDA Finds Thousands of Coors Light Beers Laced With Cocaine Nationwide"
On September 8, 2014, the site published a satirical article claiming the Food and Drug Administration discovered "thousands" of contaminated beers nationwide first appeared in 2014 at the site huzlers. The claims continue to be shared via social media. U.S. News & World Report debunked the article after it went viral by saying the U.S. government didn't find Coors Light beer laced with cocaine, despite claims that originated on a satirical website.  "This story is not true," said FDA spokesman Peter Cassell."
- List of satirical magazines
- List of satirical news websites
- List of satirical television news programs
- About Huzlers, January 2, 2014
- Hafner, Josh (31 December 2017). "Chuck E. Cheese tokens sold as Bitcoins? That's not a real story". USA Today. Retrieved 31 December 2017.
- Daro, Ishmael (6 October 2016). "Sites Are Cashing In With Creepy Clown Hoaxes". Complex Magazine. Retrieved 6 October 2016.
- splinternews: Huzlers Huzlers, July 17, 2015
- https://www.huzlers.com/jake-from-state-farm-found-dead-in-apartment-bedroom/ Jake From State Farm Found Dead In Apartment Bedroom] Huzlers, July 3, 2012
- Jake From State Farm Murdered By Wife After Being Caught Cheating Inquisitr, October 29, 2015
- Lytvynenko, Jane (2017-12-17). "People Are Rooting For The Man In A Hoax About Bitcoins And Chuck E. Cheese". BuzzFeed News.
- https://www.huzlers.com/mcdonalds-employee-fired-for-placing-his-mixtape-in-childrens-happy-meals/ "McDonald's Employee Fired For Placing His Mixtape In Children's Happy Meals"] Huzlers, July 5, 2015
- "Unfortunately, That Story About a McDonald's Employee Putting Mixtapes in Happy Meals Isn't True". Complex. July 5, 2015. Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- "Man Arrested After Showing Officer "Finger Circle" When Asked For His License & Registration". 1 January 2018.
- "Government Didn't Find Cocaine in Coors Light". usnews.com. March 29, 2018. Retrieved March 29, 2018.
- "FDA Finds Thousands of Coors Light Beers Laced With Cocaine Nationwide; Production Will Stop For 30 Days For Investigation". Huzlers. Retrieved September 8, 2014.