|Genres||Experimental, industrial, avant-garde, drone|
|Past members||Trevor Stainsby
Hwyl Nofio (from Welsh meaning ‘emotional swimmers’) is an experimental music group whose only permanent member is Steve Parry. Steve Parry was born 4 September 1958 in Pontypool, South Wales Valleys, UK
Formed in 1997, Hwyl Nofios’ approach touches on various diverse styles and genres, including, industrial music, drone, ambient and noise. Hwyl Nofio is an evolving ensemble based around its originator Steve Parry, who previously had been a founding member of the Surrealist music group Neu Electrikk and also worked with Matt Johnson of The The and Colin Potter of Nurse With Wound. Hwyl Nofio referred to the approach as a marriage of dilemmas being resolved in another space whereby the music explores and exploits an ongoing collision between harmony and disharmony. Hwyl Nofios’ influences include The Velvet Underground, Neu, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage and Harry Partch, The band has over the years has consisted of Steve Parry avant-garde guitarist and multi-instrumentalist with Trevor Stainsby (producer/engineer/guitar/keyboards), Sandor Szabo (guitars/processing), Fredrik Soegaard (fractal guitarist), Balazs Major (percussion), Mark Beazley (bass/effects) of instrumental ambient group Rothko (band), and Gorwel Owen (banjo /processing). 2012 - Hwyl Nofio released “DARK”, a project that evoked a landscape wrought from personal experience, magnifying visual and aural dialogues to transcend the specifics of its origin. The project provided tangible evidence of this landscape in an accompanying book that inculcate the listener into a world of chilling folk myths and the resonances of family histories, as well as timely references to the legacies of surrealist filmmaker and poet Jane Arden (director) and the novelist Bruce Chatwin.
Installations and performance art
Parry has had an interest in ambiguity and perception. In 2016 he was commissioned to create a sound/visual installation – “The Beholder's Share”. The installation was a play on perception where the ambiguity in the piece elicits both a conscious and unconscious process of recognition in the observer, who responds emotionally and emphatically to the work in terms of their own life experience, therefore the artist creates the work based on their own personal sensory information and the beholder re-creates it by responding to its inherent ambiguity and makes it personal to them. His installation was exhibited at the Art Market in York. 
- The Singers And Harp Players Are Dumb (1999)
- Hymnal (2002)
- Anatomy of Distort (2003)
- Hounded by Fury (2006)
- Christ Distort EP
- Dark (2012)
- From Elevated Gangways Rivers of Molten Metal Flow (2017)
- The Wire Tapper 15 (Various Artists)(Hwyl Nofio) track (Broken Again);CD )
- Brave New Wales (Various Artists) (Fourier Transform, 2008;CD box set)
Unreleased, limited edition and promo-only albums
The following full-length albums have never seen commercial release. Despite their unavailability on disc, they are included in almost every official discography issued by the band.
- ”From Elevated Gangways Rivers Of Molten Metal Flow” (Promo-only, 2008);CD
- "Hwyl Nofio". BBC.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-09-25.
- "Musique Machine". Musiquemachine. Retrieved 2013-03-29.
- Panciera, Mario (1976/79). 45 Revolutions, The Bible of Punk/Mod/Powerpop/New Wave/NWOBHM/Indie Singles(1976/79).Volume 1 UK/Ireland. Italy: Hurdy Gurdy Books. p. 446. ISBN 978-88-95592-00-8. Check date values in:
- "Mixing It/BBC Radio 3". BBC.co..uk. Retrieved 2011-09-27.
- "Wire Tapper". Wire. Retrieved 2013-12-23.
- "Hwyl Nofio - The Lay Of The Land". The Quietus. Retrieved 2013-06-23.
- "Hwyl Nofio - The Licence of Dark Spaces". One&Other. p. 16,17. Retrieved 2013-03-24.
- "The Singers And Harp Players Are Dumb". Allmusic. Retrieved 2011-10-07.
- "Hwyl Nofio-Hounded By Fury". Allmusic Guide. Retrieved 2013-03-25.
- "Hwyl Nofio Garden of Earthly Delights". garden of earthly delights.com. Retrieved 2011-09-28.
- "Wire Tapper". The Wire Magazine/Issue 268. Retrieved 2011-09-25.
-  Hwyl Nofio Official Website