Hyacinth (given name)
English variant forms include Hyacintha or Hyacinthia. European equivalents include Hyacinthe (French), Hyacinthie (German), Jacek (Polish, male). The Spanish name Jacinta is closely related, referring to the hyacinth flower. Jacinda (Greek and Spanish) may refer to either.
Men with the given name Hyacinth
- Hyacinth of Caesarea (died 120), early Christian martyr saint
- Hyacinth and Protus (martyred 257–9), Christian saints
- Saint Hyacinth (1185–1257), Polish priest, canonized 1594
- Hyacinth Morgan (1885–1956), Labour Party politician in the United Kingdom
- Hyacinth Graf Strachwitz von Groß-Zauche und Camminetz (1893–1968), German Army officer
- Hyacinth Gabriel Connon (1911–1978), Lasallian Brother and a president of De La Salle University
- Hyacinth Tungutalum (1946–2009), Australian politician
- In mythology
- Hyacinth (mythology), divine hero in Greek mythology
- In fiction
- Hyacinth Robinson, a character in the 1886 Henry James novel The Princess Casamassima.
Women with the given name Hyacinth
- Hyacinth Mariscotti (also written Hyacintha or Giacinta), Italian saint
- In fiction
- Hyacinth Bucket, main character in the TV sitcom Keeping Up Appearances
- Hyacinth Hippo, a character from the Disney movie Fantasia (1940 film)
People with the surname Hyacinth
- Flora Hyacinth (born 1966), retired female track and field athlete from the United States Virgin Islands
- Thomas W. Sheehan, Dictionary of Patron Saints' Names, p. 130, at Google Books. Our Sunday Visitor Publishing, 2001. Page 130.
- Sheehan, page 131.
- Sheehan, Dictionary of Patron Saints' Names, p. 139, at Google Books. Our Sunday Visitor Publishing, 2001. "Jacinta: 'The Hyacinth Flower' (Spanish) or 'The Wearer of Purple' (Portuguese) or 'The Beautiful One' (Spanish). Jacinda: (Greek, Spanish) see Hyacinth, Jacinta."
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|