Hyams Beach, New South Wales
New South Wales
Hyams Beach, Jervis Bay NSW
|Population||112 (2016 census)|
|LGA(s)||City of Shoalhaven|
|State electorate(s)||South Coast|
Hyams Beach is a seaside village in the City of Shoalhaven, New South Wales, Australia, on the shores of Jervis Bay. At the 2016 census, it had a population of 112. The village, 180 km south of Sydney, is bordered by 2 beaches, Chinaman's Beach to the north and Seaman's Beach (sometimes referred to as "Sailors Beach") to the south. Hyams Beach is the beach in the centre.
The beaches face east, out across Jervis Bay and Point Perpendicular to the Pacific Ocean. The sand at these beaches is known for being fine, soft, and brilliantly white. The Guinness Book of Records reports Hyams Beach as having the whitest sand in the world. There is no Guinness Book record stating Hymans Bay has the whitest sand http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/canberra-life/tim-the-yowie-man-white-out-over-which-beach-has-the-whitest-sand-in-australia-20170103-gtlebh.html
The village is bordered by Jervis Bay National Park to the north and Booderee National Park and Botanic Gardens to the south which gives Hyams Beach a 'natural bush' feel with an abundance of native plants, animals and birdlife. Other nearby attractions include Jervis Bay Marine Park and surrounding trails and forests.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hyams Beach, New South Wales.|
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Hyams Beach (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- "Hyams Beach". Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. Retrieved 13 August 2017.
- "Hyams Beach". OpenStreetMap. Retrieved 13 August 2017.
- "Gazing onto the world's whitest sands". Sydney: The Sydney Morning Herald. 1 January 2006. Retrieved 13 April 2011.
- "Hyams Beach". Destination New South Wales. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
|This Shoalhaven geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|