Hyatt Regency Kolkata
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Hyatt Regency Kolkata|
|Address||JA-1, Sector 3, Salt Lake City, Kolkata - 700098, West Bengal, India|
|Opening||10 August 2002|
|Owner||Asian Hotels (East) Limited|
|Management||Global Hyatt Corporation|
|Number of rooms||234|
The Hyatt Regency Kolkata is a 5 star luxury business hotel located next to Salt Lake stadium on the EM Bypass connector in Kolkata, India. The hotel is located at 11 kilometres (6.8 mi) from the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International/Domestic Airport, 12 kilometers from Howrah railway station and well connected to other parts of the city. Spread over an area of 6.5 acres, is a full service luxury business hotel in Kolkata (Calcutta), India. The hotel has 234 rooms and 13 suites, 3 restaurants, an upscale spa with a gymnasium, squash and tennis courts, and a landscaped outdoor swimming pool. This 5 star hotel in Kolkata offers banquet spaces suitable for social and corporate events. The hotel also provides airport pick and drop on additional charges. The hotel has a 24x7 concierge to assist guests in sight seeing, city tour and other important information. Hyatt Regency Kolkata is the most preferred hotel in Kolkata for weddings and hosted a number of destination and high profile weddings. With multiple events spaces, the hotel is suitable for large corporate events and conferences.
The hotel was opened on 10 August 2002 and was the first 5 star hotel in Salt Lake City (known locally as Bidhannagar), a planned satellite town in the Indian state of West Bengal. Bidhannagar was developed between 1958 and 1965 to accommodate the burgeoning population of Kolkata, the state capital.
The hotel was constructed on the Eastern Metropolitan Bypass, a major road on the east side of Kolkata that connects Salt Lake in the Northeast to the southern parts of Kolkata. The road was designed to bypass the eastern side of Kolkata to lessen the perennial traffic congestion in the area.
The Hyatt Regency Kolkata has 234 rooms including 13 suites. Specialty restaurants include Guchhi, La Cucina and 24-hour Waterside Café. The hotel also houses a holistic upscale spa named Club Prana. This Kolkata hotel has a beautiful outdoor swimming pool surrounded by lush green. This hotel in Kolkata offers huge banquet space both indoor and outdoor suitable for corporate ad social events. Hyatt Regency Kolkata is very popular in the city for weddings and have hosted big high profile weddings.
Awards and recognition
- Times Of India Food & Nightlife Award – Kolkata 2016
- Times Of India Food & Nightlife Award – Kolkata 2017
- Zomato Users choice for Sunday Brunch at Waterside cafe - 2014
- Zomato Users choice for Sunday Brunch at La Cucina - 2014
- Times Of India Food & Nightlife Award – Kolkata 2012
- The Kingfisher Explocity Great Food Guide – Kolkata 2012
- Telegraph Food Guide Award 2012
- TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award 2012
- 8 August 2002 Hyatt Regency enters Kolkata, The Hindu
- Hyatt Regency Kolkata, Travel Yahoo
- 16 July 2013 Hyatt Regency Kolkata to host The Taste of Britain Curry Festival, Food and Hospitality World
- 21 September 2013 Youth Summit Sponsor- Hyatt Regency Kolkata, India Today
- 17 September 2013 ‘It’s an honour to be the first woman GM in a Hyatt property in India, Hospitality Biz India
- 3 April 2014 Jal music makers have fun at Hyatt Regency, The Telegraph India
- 14 January 2014 The Venue: Hyatt Regency Kolkata, ASSICON India