From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up hybrid or hybrids in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Hybrid may refer to:
- Hybrid (biology), an offspring resulting from cross-breeding
- Hybrid grape, grape varieties produced by cross-breeding two Vitis species
Electrical power generation
- Hybrid power, the combination of a power producer and the means to store that power in an energy storage medium
- Hybrid power source, a stand-alone power system that operates independently of a larger power grid network
- Hybrid generator, an electric power system comprising two or more generators that supply power to a single output
- Hybrid computer, a computer combining analog and digital features
- Hybrid coupler, a passive device used in radio and telecommunications
- Hybrid coil, a type of electrical transformer
- Telephone hybrid, a type of telephone circuit
- Hybrid mass spectrometer, a combination of m/z separation devices of different types
- Three-way hybrid, a device to converge content delivered via three different video transport networks
- Hybrid integrated circuit, a miniaturized electronic circuit combining different semiconductor devices and passive components on a substrate
- Hybrid (film), a 2007 Syfy television film, 10th in the Maneater series
- Hybrid, a 2000 POV documentary film about Milford Beeghly, the early developer of hybrid seed corn
- Hybrid, a 1997 horror film by Fred Olen Ray
- The Hybrid, a 2014 science-fiction film directed by Billy O'Brien.
- Hybrids (film), a 2014 comedy film starring Paul Sorvino
Games and sport
- Hybrid (video game), a 2012 video game by 5th Cell for Xbox Live Arcade
- Hybrid (golf), a golf club that has the characteristics between a wood and an iron
- Hybrid (role-playing game), a role-playing game by "C"
- Hybrid (Underworld), the resulting offspring when cross-mating Immortals, Vampires and Lycans
- Hybrid martial arts, fighting systems that incorporate techniques and theories from several martial arts
- Tekken Hybrid, a PlayStation 3 game based on the movie Tekken: Blood Vengeance
- Hybrid (Spanish band), an extreme metal band
- Hybrid (Welsh band), an electronic music group
- Hybrid (Michael Brook album), a 1985 album by Michael Brook featuring the infinite guitar
- Hybrid (Gary Numan album), a 2002 album consisting of songs by Gary Numan remixed by other artists
- Hybrid (split album), by Melody Fall and Better Luck Next Time
- Hybrids (album), a 1999 remix album by The Creatures
- Hybrid Recordings, a record label that is a division of Metropolitan Talent, Inc
- Hybrid Theory, the debut album of Linkin Park, who was once known by the same name
- Hybrid (DC Comics), a fictional group of supervillains
- Hybrid (Jimmy Marks), a fictional supervillain in the Marvel Comics universe
- Hybrid (Scott Washington), a fictional anti-hero in the Marvel Comics universe
- Hybrids (novel), a book in the Neanderthal Parallax trilogy by Robert J. Sawyer
- Hybrid vehicle, a vehicle using more than one power source or an engine sourced from a different chassis.
- Hybrid motorcycle, a motorcycle built using components from two or more original-manufacturer products, usually having an engine and frame/chassis from different sources, such as Triton, TriBSA or Norvin.
- Hybrid bicycle, a bicycle with features of road and mountain bikes
- Hybrid train, a locomotive, railcar, or train that uses an onboard rechargeable energy storage system
- Hybrid (mythology), a creature combining body parts of two or more species
- Hybrid solar eclipse, a rare solar eclipse type
- Hybrid gemstone, a stone combining natural material with artificial material
- Hybrid security, a type of economic instrument
- Hybrid word, a word derived from more than one language
- Hybrid genre, a blend of different categories of art or culture
- Hybrid mail, mail delivered using a combination of electronic and physical methods
- Hybrid market, a system allowing stock trades to be completed either electronically or manually
- Hybrid library, a library containing a mix of print and electronic resources
- Hybrid rocket, a rocket motor using propellants from two different states of matter
- Hybrid organization, an organization that mixes elements of various sectors of society
- Hybrid (supernatural), a supernatural being who is part vampire and part werewolf, found in modern fiction such as the Underworld films and The Vampire Diaries television series.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Hybrid.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.