Adelaide, South Australia
|Population||1,660 (SAL 2021)|
|Area||0.6 km2 (0.2 sq mi)|
|Location||3.5 km (2 mi) S of Adelaide city centre|
|LGA(s)||City of Unley|
It features King William Road, a popular shopping and dining destination in Adelaide. Considered an upper class suburb, it is home to some of Adelaide's most oldest, expensive and luxurious properties. Millswood railway station and the Belair railway line are close to Hyde Park. Until the 1950s a tram line ran to Hyde Park.
In the 2021 Census, there were 1,660 people in Hyde Park. 72.6% of people were born in Australia and 81.1% of people spoke only English at home. The most common responses for religion were No Religion 43.7%, Catholic 19.5% and Anglican 11.8%.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (28 June 2022). "Hyde Park (SA) (Suburb and Locality)". Australian Census 2021 QuickStats. Retrieved 28 June 2022.
- "Search result for "Hyde Park (SUB) " (SA0031673) with the following layers selected - "Suburbs and Localities" and " Place names (gazetteer)"". Property Location Browser. Government of South Australia. Archived from the original on 12 October 2016. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- "These are Adelaide's most expensive suburbs of 2017". NewsComAu. 25 December 2017. Retrieved 17 March 2021.
- "Why was Adelaide's tram network ripped up in the 1950s?". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. 30 November 2017. Retrieved 17 March 2021.
- Australian Electoral Commission. "Polling Place - Hyde Park". Retrieved 4 June 2011.
- "2021 Hyde Park (SA), Census All persons QuickStats | Australian Bureau of Statistics". abs.gov.au. Retrieved 24 September 2022.