Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority
|Type||Urban Planning Agency|
|Annual budget||₹ 54.5236 Billion|
|Parent agency||Municipal Administration and Urban Development|
The Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority or HMDA is the urban planning agency of Hyderabad, Telangana, India. It was formed in 2008 by expanding the Hyderabad Urban Development Authority. It contains the entire area of Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation and its suburbs. The enlarged jurisdiction of HUDA now extends to 54 Mandals located in five districts with a total area of nearly 7,100 km2.It is the 2nd largest urban development area in India, after the Bangalore Metropolitan Region Development Authority (8,005 km2). The area under the former HUDA had nearly 300 villages to which 600 villages are now added.
HMDA was formed by the merging of the following erstwhile entities: Hyderabad Urban Development Authority (HUDA), Hyderabad Airport Development Authority (HADA), Cyberabad Development Authority (CDA) and Buddha Poornima Project Authority (BPPA). HMDA was set up for the purposes of planning, co-ordination, supervising, promoting and securing the planned development of the Hyderabad Metropolitan Region. It coordinates the development activities of the municipal corporations, municipalities and other local authorities, the Hyderabad Metropolitan Water Supply & Sewerage Board, the Telangana state Transmission Corporation, the Telangana State Infrastructure Corporation
Outer Ring Road
HMDA is building Outer Ring Road at a cost of 6696 crores. The project started in 2005 and is expected to complete all the phases by December 2012. It is also building Inter City Bus Terminal in Miyapur, Hyderabad, at a cost of 100 crores.
- 16 mandals in Hyderabad district (entire Hyderabad District)
- 22 mandals in Ranga Reddy district - Shamshabad, Rajendranagar, Sherilingampally, Balanagar, Quthubullapur, Malkajigiri, Keesara, Ghatkesar, Uppal, Saroornagar, Medchal, Shameerpet, Hayathnagar, Shankerpally, Chevella, Shahbad, Moinabad, Maheshwaram, Ibrahimpatnam, Manchal, Yacharam, Kandukur.
- 10 mandals in Medak district - Patancheru, Ramachandrapuram, Sangareddy, Jinnaram, Hathnoora, Narsapur, Shivampet, Tupran, Wargal, Mulug.
- 5 mandals in Nalgonda district - Bhongir, Bibinagar, Bhoodan Pochampally, Bommala Ramaram, Choutuppal.
- 3 mandals in Mahboobnagar district - Kothur, Farooq Nagar, Kondurg.
Thus the area extends up to the following localities
- NH 7-Toopran
- NH 7-Shadnagar (Farookh Nagar)
- NH 202Warangal NH- Bhongir.
- NH 9-Choutuppal
- Srisailam SH- Dasarapally
- Nag’sagar SH- Chowdaripally
- NH 9- Sangareddy
- Vikarabad SH -Kistapur
- Shankarpally SH- Shankarpally
- Karimnagar road- Singaipally
The Government approved 50 per cent increase in the development charges for the builders for construction of buildings in the extended areas of the HMDA.
-  Official website of HMDA-Source-Government of India
- "HMDA Districts and Villages" (PDF). Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority. Retrieved 14 February 2015.
- "Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority hikes development charges". 16 July 2012.