|Owned by||Hydes Family|
Hydes is a family-owned and managed brewery in Salford, England. The company has been brewing real ale since 1863. It owns more than 80 managed and tenanted pubs, mainly in North West England, but also in North Wales.
Alfred and Ralph Hyde inherited a small brewery from their grandfather in 1863. In 1899, William Hyde acquired the Queens Brewery in Moss Side, Manchester, and began building up an estate of tied public houses. In 1944, the company was renamed Hydes Anvil Brewery after its trademark. Hydes moved from Moss Side to a new site in Salford in 2012.
- Hydes Original Bitter
- Jekyll's Gold Premium Bitter
- Hydes Mild
- XXXX Winter ale
- 1863 Light Mild
- Old Indie Dark Mild
- Hydes Black keg Dark Mild
- Jumpin' Jack, a 4.7% abv Winter ale (Jan-Feb),
- Vertigo, a 4.2% abv Amber ale (Mar-Apr),
- Golden Brown, a 4.4% abv Summer ale (May-Jun),
- Summertime Blue, 4.1% abv Summer ale (Jul-Aug),
- Thriller, a 4.5% abv autumn Bitter (Sept-Oct),
- Atomic, a 4.9% abv Winter ale (Nov-Dec).
Past themes have taken inspiration from different areas, with the theme for 2006 coming from the world of cinema:
- Free Spirit, 4.8% abv (Jan-Feb),
- Heavenly Draft, 4.2% abv (Mar-Apr),
- Dr's Orders, 4.4% abv (May-Jun),
- Cutty Shark, 4.1% abv (Jul-Aug),
- Hidden Treasure, 4.5% abv (Sept-Oct),
- Stormtrooper, 5.0% abv (Nov-Dec).
In 2000, the theme was less clear, with the seasonal beers consisting of:
- Harry Vederchi, 4.8% abv (Jan-Feb),
- Clever Endeavour, 4.5% abv (Mar-Apr),
- Hair Raid, 4.2% abv (May-Jun),
- Your Bard, 4.0% abv (Jul-Aug),
- Henry's Hampton, 4.4% abv (Sept-Oct),
- Rocket Fuel, 5.0% abv (Nov-Dec).
|This beer or brewery-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|