This article does not cite any sources. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Bicycle industry, Outdoor Gear, Motorcycle|
|Matt Lyon, President|
|Products||Hydration pack, Hydration system and Sport Water Bottles|
Number of employees
In 1996, Bell Sports launched the first pack line under the Blackburn brand name. In 2001, Matt Lyon purchased the company. Hydrapak has a global reach through numerous national and international distributors, retailers, and direct to consumer via their online retail store.
Hydrapak initially focused on equipment for Mountain Bike users and gradually expanded to other active sport markets including, running, triathlon, Motorcycle and Road cycling. They have also found great success as an OEM supplier to brands like DaKine, Vaude, Ogio, Nathan, Mercury Luggage, Scott, Fox, Berghaus, and others.
Hydrapak holds patents or has patents pending on:
- Reversible Reservoir - Reservoir with top velcro closure
- Reversible Reservoir II - Reservoir with top slider closure
- Easy Flo Bite Valve - Bite valve on drink tube
- Gel-bot - A dual purpose water bottle that dispenses fluid or energy gel from the same nozzle.
The company currently has 5 people in their California office.
Hydrapak sponsors a number of athletes. Most are mountain bikers or trail runners. Sponsored athletes and teams include:
Rebecca Rusch, Mike Curiak, Devon Crosby-Helms, Josh Tostado, Danielle Musto, Dart Adventure, Nathan Yanko, and Russell Bobbitt
History of Innovation
- 2003 Introduced Reversible Reservoir with rolling top velcro closure
- 2007 Introduced Reversible Reservoir II with slider top closure
- 2008 Introduced Gel-bot dual purpose water bottle and gel dispenser
- 2008 Introduced Soft Flask flexible energy gel/fluid container
- 2009 Hydrapak partners with "Plastipure", to produce the only plastic bottle that has been certified Estrogenic Activity, BPA and Phthalate Free Sport Bottle.
|This business-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|