This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Hydro massage is the use of water pressure to apply massage techniques to the human body.
Hydro massage therapy is purported to help alleviate muscle and soft tissue injuries caused by low back pain, arthritis, chronic and acute pain, neck injuries, TMJ, sports injuries, pregnancy discomforts, Crohn’s Disease, insomnia, spondolylosis, multiple sclerosis, lupus, fibromyalgia, tendinitis, and stress management and many more diseases and ailments.
Those with various health conditions should consult their physician before using Hydromassage of any kind. Conditions which pose serious risk include the following:
- Certain types of blood disorders, especially bleeding, bruising, broken or weak capillaries, or any condition in which blood vessels may be compromised.
- Neurological Symptoms and Disorders (Also Includes Systemic disorders)
- Any infections or spreadable diseases.
- Skin Disorders such as severe Acne, rashes, Eczema, etc.
- Any form of acute inflammatory responses including symptoms such as fever, feelings of excessive heat at any part of the body, loss of function, redness, or swelling of any sort.
- Injuries or Fractures
- Diseases (especially acute or unstable) such as blood pressure disorders (Hypertension or Hypotension), any cardiac or neurological conditions, second or third-degree burns, or pregnancy.
- Thrombosis or any blood clotting disorders
- Any Spinal conditions and diseases, especially bulging, ruptured, or herniated discs
History of hydro massage
Hydro massage is a natural remedy has been known and used for years. The history of hydro therapy goes centuries back, as far as ancient Greece, but it was truly made popular by Romans, who introduced the benefits of bathing and massage to the countries they conquered. Roman public baths were always recognized as a great source of relaxation where members of high society and all free people alike could enjoy the benefits of hot and cold water as well as massage.
Modern hydro massage begins with Tobias Smollet. His 1752 essay On the External Use of Water described pumped water as useful in the treatment of "hysterical disorders, obstruction of the menses and all cases which it was necessary to make a revulsion from the head and to invite the juices downward". Since the sixties of the twentieth century, hydro massage has been gaining popularity. Every year more advanced hydro massage tools and equipment appear, making it easily available to many people, as these tools and equipment can be easily used at people's homes.
Today the hydro massage is still widely popular and used for the ailments and conditions listed and much, much more. It is one of the most requested and popular forms of massage.
Dry-water Hydro massage
A variant of water massage (Hydromassage, Hydrotherapy) that is still around today is the dry water massage. The dry water variants (found under multiple brand names and styles) can be found at casinos, Shopping malls, some gymnasiums, beauty salons, and spas, as well as a few specialty locations. Many retailers also offer home installations of various types to meet individual needs.
The various Dry-Water Hydrotherapy units consist of either a bed or a table like design. The user lies down on or sits in the waterproof material barrier while still completely clothed. Underneath this protective barrier is a system of various water jets that utilize different pressure, temperature, and speed settings to massage the body in a noninvasive manner. Dry Water Massage is often utilized with goals of increasing blood circulation, decreasing pain and reducing inflammation by combining the various effects of hydrotherapy, massage therapy, acupressure, thermotherapy, soft tissue massage, and trigger point therapy.
Hydro massage methods
There are many hydro massage methods, for instance, underwater manual massage, jet massage in the air, high-pressure water massage and many other.
Hydro massage effect
Hydro massage creates awareness of the body, reduces anxiety levels, gives a sense of well-being, improves the ability to monitor stress signals, gives a feeling of peace of mind, it also helps to alleviate discomfort caused by pregnancy, provides with a relaxed state of mental alertness, helps treat athletic or job related injuries, tension related headaches and post-operative rehabilitation.
Access to hydro massage
People have multiple ways to access a hydro massage. Users can procure the physical unit from a manufacturer for home use as an example. Some units set-up are in malls. Chiropractors also have procured these units to provide as a service to their customers. Units are also purchased and installed in tanning salons, gyms and spas. Additionally, units can be transported on-site to companies and for special events.
- "Hydromassage Hydro Therapy Beds". Mayo Clinic. Mayo Clinic. Retrieved 13 August 2016.
- "Are there any precautions for using the Hydro Massage hydrotherapy bed? | DAHLC". Dahlc.mayoclinic.org. 2014-01-22. Retrieved 2017-07-27.
- "Dry Hydrotherapy (Hydromassage, Aquamassage, Water Massage)". Aetna. Aetna Inc. Retrieved 13 August 2016.
- "Dry Hydrotherapy (Hydromassage, Aquamassage, Water Massage)". Aetna. Aetna, Inc. Retrieved 13 August 2016.
- "Are there any precautions for using the Hydro Massage hydrotherapy bed?". Mayo Clinic. Mayo Clinic. Retrieved 13 August 2016.
- "Hydro Massage Bed | Millennium Tanning | Cookeville TN Tan Salon". Mtanning.com. Retrieved 2017-07-27.
- "Planet Fitness Black Card Membership: Is it Worth the Upgrade? | Brown Belle Fitness". Brownbellefitness.wordpress.com. 2013-01-22. Retrieved 2017-07-27.
- "HydroMassage Contact page". www.hydromassage.com. 2017-08-11. Retrieved 2017-08-11.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hydro massage.|