1.0.1 / September 3, 2020
|Written in||C++, Qt|
|Operating system||Linux, macOS, Microsoft Windows (beta)|
Hydrogen is an open source drum machine created by Alessandro Cominu, an Italian programmer who goes by the pseudonym Comix. Its main goal is to provide professional yet simple and intuitive pattern-based drum programming.
Hydrogen was originally developed for Linux, and later ported to Mac OS X. Support for Microsoft Windows seemed to have been abandoned, since the last build dated to 2006 for 4 years. However, a Windows port exists since the 0.9.6 version, and it is now in beta stage. The graphical user interface for the application uses Qt library, and all code is released under GPL-2.0-or-later.
- Pattern-based sequencer, with unlimited number of patterns and ability to chain patterns into a song.
- 192 ticks per whole note with individual level per event and variable pattern length.
- Unlimited instrument tracks with volume, mute, solo, pan capabilities.
- Multi-layer support for instruments (up to 16 samples for each instrument).
- Sample Editor, with basic cut and loop functions.
- Time-stretch and pitch functions.
- Time-line with variable tempo.
- Single and stacked pattern mode.
- Ability to import/export song files.
- Support for LADSPA effects.
- Real-time slide control for swing.
- Option to slightly randomize velocity, time, pitch and swing functions to give a more "human" playback.
- Multiple patterns playing at once.
- Various Drumkits available to download (Rock, Jazz, Electric, Percussions...), plus support to create a custom drumkit.
- Cominu, Alessandro. "Alessandro Cominu's Sorceforge User Page". Sourceforge user page. Sourceforge. Retrieved 11 September 2011.
- "Hydrogen | advanced drum machine for GNU/Linux". Hydrogen-music.org. Retrieved 2013-01-13.
- "Hydrogen - Browse Files at". Sourceforge.net. Retrieved 2013-01-13.
- "Download - Hydrogen". Hydrogen. Archived from the original on 2016-05-03. Retrieved 2016-05-03.
- Adam Overa (2011-03-02). "Software Instruments : Tom's Definitive Linux Software Roundup: Audio Production". Bestofmedia. Retrieved 2011-06-06.
- "Features - Hydrogen". Hydrogen. Archived from the original on 2013-06-01. Retrieved 2016-05-03.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Hydrogen (software) (category)|