- Al3+ + 2H2O → AlOH2+ + H3O+
The hydrolysis constant for this reaction is as shown:
- Khydrolysis = [H3O+] * [AlOH2+] / [Al3+]
In a more generalized form, the hydrolysis constant can be described as:
- Ka = [H3O+] * [A−] / [HA]
- Definition of hydrolysis_constant - Chemistry Dictionary
- Research and Education Association. The best test preparation for the GRE Chemistry test., 2000. ISBN 0-87891-600-8. Page 87.
|This physical chemistry-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|