This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Computer software, document management|
|Founder||Packy Hyland Jr.|
|Headquarters||Westlake, Ohio, USA|
|Bill Priemer, President & CEO|
|Products||OnBase enterprise content management|
Number of employees
Hyland Software Inc. is the developer of the enterprise content management (ECM) and process management software suite called OnBase. Applications of the suite are used in healthcare, financial institutions, insurance, government, higher education and manufacturing. The firm has its headquarters in Westlake, Ohio, and other offices in Lincoln, Nebraska; Irvine, California; Charlotte, North Carolina; São Paulo, Brazil; London, England; Tokyo, Japan; Andover, Massachusetts; and most recently, Salt Lake City, Utah; Phoenix, Arizona; and Tampa, Florida.
On March 31, 2014, the company rebranded itself as OnBase by Hyland.
Hyland Software was established in 1991 by Packy Hyland Jr. He met with members of The Necedah Bank to discuss its data processing and how electronic information technology could reduce printing costs by storing daily reports directly to optical disk. Packy Hyland created the first version of OnBase for The Necedah Bank, which became Hyland Software's first customer. Because OnBase was originally created for a bank, a majority of Hyland Software's customers were in the banking industry until recently when the healthcare providers found value from ECM technologies.
July 1, 2008: Liberty Information Management Systems (IMS) (private Costa Mesa, California-based enterprise content management company)
Hyland acquired the company to gain a larger customer and partner base. The office in California, with a move from Costa Mesa to Irvine, has been maintained.
July 1, 2009: Valco Data Systems (private, Salem, New Hampshire-based healthcare software and software integration company)
Valco's software was noted for being strongly integrated with software from MEDITECH.
Healthcare- In December 2011, OnBase obtained meaningful use certification as an electronic health record (EHR) module from Drummond Group. This ECM solution is endorsed by American Hospital Association (AHA) Solution as the ECM solution of choice for hospitals. OnBase integrates with EHR software to incorporate unstructured data. This integration links structured and unstructured content and captures all patient information.
Government agencies use ECM to eliminate paper.
- Higher Education
ECM software is used in colleges and universities.
Commercial solutions- ECM integrations have real-time data exchanges with enterprise resource planning systems(ERP) to connect data to their reference documents.
Packy Hyland, Jr. is the founder of Hyland Software and developed the first version of OnBase for The Necedah Bank in Wisconsin in 1991. He served as CEO and President until 2001, when he was succeeded by his brother, A.J. Hyland, who retired in 2013 and was succeed after by Bill Priemer, formerly the firm's Chief Operating Officer. Miguel Zubizarreta served as CTO and joined the company in 1992 and has since retired in 2016, and was responsible for the architecture and product development direction of the OnBase product line. Chris Hyland serves as CFO and joined the company in 1992.
Hyland Software's OnBase product integrates document management, business process automation and records management. Industry analysts such as Forrester Research focus on the product's foundational ECM functionality, like imaging and archiving capabilities, as its strengths.
The OnBase product also offers integrations with Microsoft, SAP, Oracle Corporation and Lawson to gain more value from existing technologies. OnBase was named 2015 Best in KLAS for Document Management and Imaging. 
The OnBase Cloud
Hyland offers a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution of OnBase software known as the OnBase Cloud. This service is a cloud-based version of Hyland's traditional OnBase product offering; applications are hosted at a data center and accessed over a secure Internet connection.
In 2014, 2015, and 2016 the company was ranked as one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For list, rising to position 48 in 2016.
- "Hyland Software rebrands itself as 'OnBase by Hyland'". www.crainscleveland.com. 31 March 2014. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- Healthy Growth
- Hyland Software Acquires Matrix Imaging
- Hyland Gains Liberty IMS
- Hyland Software acquires Valco Data Systems
- Hyland Software buys medical record workflow company eWebHealth
- Hyland Software Acquires Higher Ed Document Management Company
- Hyland Software builds on ECM portfolio with CSC deal
- "Hyland Software buys Sire Technologies". www.crainscleveland.com. 4 December 2012. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- "Hyland Software acquires AnyDoc Software". www.crainscleveland.com. 28 February 2013. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- Hyland, creator of OnBase acquires LawLogix
- "EHR products". www.drummondgroup.com. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- "Hyland Software President and CEO announces retirement". www.hyland.com. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- "Hyland Software names Bill Priemer Chief Executive Officer". www.hyland.com. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- Hyland Software Is An ECM Suite Strong Performer
- Hyland Software is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- Hyland Software's OnBase Receives Oracle Validation for Integration to Oracle E-Business Suite 11i
- "Epic tops Best in KLAS awards for 6th year; See the full list of 2015 winners". Healthcare IT News. Retrieved 2016-02-21.
- "Cloud Content Management". www.onbase.com. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- "Check Out 2016's Best Companies to Work For". Fortune.com. 3 March 2016. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hyland Software.|