Type of site
Hypebeast Limited (stylized HYPEBEAST Limited) is a digital media and e-commerce company based in Hong Kong. Founded as a sneaker culture blog by Kevin Ma in 2005, Hypebeast offers sneakers- and fashion-focused digital media oriented towards youth and young adults.
Its media properties include men's fashion and lifestyle website Hypebeast, which has regional offshoots in Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Japanese and Korean, female streetwear website Hypebae, children's streetwear website Hypekids, Chinese-language women's high fashion website Popbee, and quarterly print publication Hypebeast Magazine. Other operating arms include the HBX e-commerce platform and global creative studio Hypemaker.
On April 11 2016, Hypebeast Limited filed for an IPO on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange’s Growth Enterprise Market, which is specifically designed for emerging companies. It was the best-performing IPO in Asia in 2016. As of April 2016 the company was valued at US$270 million. In 2018 the brand began an annual multi-brand fashion, food and music event in New York City called Hypefest.
Awards and honors
- 2015 Webby Award of Blog culture
- 2016 Webby Award of Blog culture
- 2017 Fast Company World's Most Innovative Companies 
- 2017: Kevin Ma nominated as one of Tatler's 2017 Generation T
- Kevin Ma Interview Fashionista 2015/12
- "How 'Hypebeast' Became Much More Than a Sneaker Blog". Fashionista. Retrieved 2017-04-28.
- "Fast Talk: How This "Sneakerhead" Built A Major Online Magazine". Fast Company. 2012-02-27. Retrieved 2017-04-28.
- "He's domain man". South China Morning Post. Retrieved 2017-04-28.
- "HYPEBEAST Founder Kevin Ma On Innovation, Learning, And Hong Kong". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-05-12.
- "Everything to Know About the 'Hypebeast' 10th Anniversary Collabs With Supreme, C.E and Human Made". Complex News. 2015-09-25. Retrieved 2018-05-21.
- "Hypebeast". dictionary.com. 2015-09-25. Retrieved 2018-05-21.
- "Lifestyle Blog Hypebeast Soars 708% in Record Asia Debut". Bloomberg.com. 2016-04-11. Retrieved 2017-04-28.
- "Hypebeast's Record-breaking IPO Debut Shines A Light On The Booming Streetwear Market". Fashionista. Retrieved 2017-04-28.
- "News Bites | Hypebeast Launches Hypekids". The Business of Fashion. 2017-07-17. Retrieved 2017-07-18.
- "Hypebeast Files for IPO". The Business of Fashion. 2016-04-08. Retrieved 2017-04-28.
- Hypefest brand list September 2018
- HYPEBEAST’S KEVIN MA DOESN’T CARE ABOUT SNEAKERS ANYMORE. HE WANTS TO START A BOOK CLUB INSTEAD Georgia Frances King, Quartz Media, September 23, 2018
- "Webby". Webby Awards Award. 2015-09-25. Retrieved 2018-05-21.
- "Webby". Webby Award. 2016-08-27. Retrieved 2018-05-21.
- "MOST INNOVATIVE COMPANIES-Hypebeast". Fast Company. 2017-09-25. Retrieved 2018-05-21.
- "Tatler". Tatler. 2017-08-11. Retrieved 2018-05-21.