From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up hyperbolic in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The following phenomena are described as hyperbolic because they manifest hyperbolas, not because something about them is exaggerated.
- Hyperbolic distribution, a probability distribution characterized by the logarithm of the probability density function being a hyperbola
- Hyperbolic equilibrium point, a fixed point that does not have any center manifolds
- Hyperbolic function, an analog of an ordinary trigonometric or circular function
- Hyperbolic geometry, a non-Euclidean geometry
- Hyperbolic group, a finitely generated group equipped with a word metric satisfying certain properties characteristic of hyperbolic geometry
- Hyperbolic growth, growth of a quantity toward a finite-time singularity
- Hyperbolic manifold, a complete Riemannian n-manifold of constant sectional curvature -1
- Hyperbolic navigation, a class of radio navigation systems based on the difference in timing between the reception of two signals, without reference to a common clock
- Hyperbolic paraboloid, a doubly ruled surface shaped like a saddle
- Hyperbolic partial differential equation, a partial differential equation (PDE) of order n that has a well-posed initial value problem for the first n−1 derivatives
- Hyperbolic plane can refer to:
- Hyperbolic space, hyperbolic spatial geometry in which every point is a saddle point
- Hyperbolic trajectory, a Kepler orbit with eccentricity greater than 1
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Hyperbolic.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.