|Engine||Unreal Engine 4|
|Genre(s)||First-person shooter, tower defense|
Hypercharge: Unboxed (stylized HYPERCHARGE: Unboxed) is a cooperative first-person shooter video game, developed and published by British indie studio Digital Cybercherries. It was released for Microsoft Windows via Valve Corporation's Steam Early Access on June 22, 2017.
The game takes place in familiar locations such as bedrooms, garages, bathrooms, hallways and toy stores. Each player assumes the role of an action figure, who must defend parts of their territory from dangerous enemies.
Hypercharge: Unboxed is a first-person shooter with Tower defence elements set in suburban home environments. It is played from a first-person perspective. Most of the gameplay is built around constructing defences, combat, exploration and character customization.
The game's combat is mainly ranged-based. Players can use attachments for different weapons, which can be found scattered throughout each level. It has a heavy focus on cooperative gameplay and the game features a four player, co-operative multiplayer mode.
While traversing each map, players find various supplies and items, such as batteries, weapons, attachments and credits. Batteries are used to power turrets and traps, attachments give each weapon a perk and credits are for being able to construct defences.
Digital Cybercherries were awarded an Unreal Dev Grant which helped to further fund Hypercharge: Unboxed. It is built in the Unreal Engine 4. The game is now on Steam Early Access, and the developers are planning to put out the full version before the end of 2018.
- "HYPERCHARGE: Unboxed Store Page". Retrieved June 22, 2018.
- Ian Higton. "NewRetroArcaded developer announces Hypercharge". Eurogamer. Retrieved June 22, 2018.
- Aaaron Richardson. "Hypercharge: Unboxed Preview – A Promising Wave-based Shooter". N3RDABL3. Retrieved June 23, 2018.
- Robert Allen. "HYPERCHARGE: Unboxed Preview". Tech-Gaming. Retrieved June 22, 2018.
- REMINGTON JOSEPH. "HYPERCHARGED: UNBOXED – MORE THAN JUST TOYS". CGM. Retrieved June 23, 2018.
- Preston Burt. "Upcoming 'Hypercharge' Video Game Isn't Your Traditional Toy Story". GeekDad. Retrieved June 23, 2018.
- Steve Watts. "Hypercharge: An Exclusive Look at the Action Figure Shooter". Shack News. Retrieved June 23, 2018.
- Daniel Kayser. "Discover How Hypercharge is Using Unreal Engine 4 to Fulfill Your Childhood Action Figure Fantasies". Unreal Engine. Retrieved June 23, 2018.
- Stu Horvath. "Revving the Engine: Hypercharge". Unwinnable. Retrieved June 23, 2018.
- "HYPERCHARGE: Unboxed". Giant Bomb. Retrieved June 22, 2018.
- Dana Cowley. "Epic Games Awards $150,000 in Unreal Dev Grants". Unreal Engine. Retrieved June 22, 2018.
- "HYPERCHARGE: Unboxed Development Progress". Retrieved June 23, 2018.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: HYPERCHARGE: Unboxed (video game)|
|This action game–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|