|Fate||Acquired by Verifone|
|Founded||Australia, (1978 )|
|Headquarters||Scottsdale, Arizona, United States|
|Norman Stout, Chairman; Philippe Tartavull, CEO & President|
A history of Hypercom through 1998 is available on the Funding Universe http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/hypercom-corporation-history/
On November 17, 2010, VeriFone announced its agreement to acquire Hypercom 
On April 4, 2011, Ingenico announced its agreement to acquire Hypercom's U.S. Payment Systems Business prior to the close of the VeriFone acquisition 
On May 12, 2011, The Department of Justice filed a civil antitrust lawsuit today to block the proposed acquisition of Hypercom by VeriFone saying the planned sale of Hypercom’s U.S. POS terminal business to Ingenico does not resolve the antitrust concerns 
On August 4, 2011
- VeriFone announced its completion of the acquisition of Hypercom after reaching a settlement with antitrust regulators to sell Hypercom's U.S. payment systems business to an entity sponsored by investment firm Gores Group LLC 
- KleinPartners Capital announced the acquisition of Hypercom Spain S.A. and Hypercom UK, with Kazem Aminaee, the former President of Hypercom Europe, Middle East, and Africa, forming Spire Payments 
On September 30, 2011 Hypercom US announced it formally changed its corporate name to Equinox Payments, LLC. 
- "VeriFone to Acquire Hypercom to Accelerate Global Expansion" (Press release). BUSINESS WIRE. November 17, 2014.
- "Ingenico Agrees to acquire Hypercom's U.S. Payment Systems Business" (Press release). Reuters. April 4, 2014.
- "Justice Department Files Antitrust Lawsuit to Stop VeriFone from Buying Hypercom and Entering into Anticompetitive Divestiture Agreement with Ingenico" (Press release). Department of Justice. May 12, 2011.
- "VeriFone, Hypercom complete merger after reaching agreement with Justice Department" (Press release). Yahoo Finance. August 4, 2011.
- "Hypercom UK and Spain Acquired by Spire Payments" (Press release). Reuters. August 4, 2011.
- "Payment Industry Leader Hypercom USA Changes Name to Equinox Payments, LLC" (Press release). Reuters. September 30, 2011.
|This article about an Australian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States manufacturing company–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|