|Founded||2000 (webzine), 2004 (label)|
|Genre||Electronic, dubstep, footwork, UK funky, grime, UK bass|
|Country of origin||UK|
Hyperdub is a London-based electronic record label and former webzine, founded and run by Steve Goodman, a.k.a. Kode9. The webzine started in 2000 and the label was formed in 2004. Artists signed to the label have included Burial, Darkstar, Dean Blunt, DJ Rashad, DVA, Fatima Al Qadiri, Ikonika, Inga Copeland, Jessy Lanza, Cooly G, Klein, Laurel Halo, Spaceape and Zomby.
Kode9 initially founded Hyperdub as a webzine in 2000, which blended a focus on forward-thinking dance music with theoretical writing. The label was founded in 2004; its first release was “Sine of the Dub”, a collaboration between Kode9 and The Spaceape. Subsequent releases established the label as an influential label within the UK’s early dubstep scene, including Burial's self-titled debut album, which The Wire magazine named their number one album of 2006.
The label would then become associated with styles such as UK funky and Chicago footwork through its signing of artists like Cooly G and DJ Rashad. More recently, the label has signed diverse artists working across electronic music, including Laurel Halo, Fatima Al Qadiri, Jessy Lanza, and Klein.
- 2000F & J Kamata
- Black Chow
- The Bug
- Babyfather (a.k.a. Dean Blunt, DJ Escrow and co.)
- Cooly G
- Dean Blunt
- DJ Rashad
- Fhloston Paradigm
- Fatima Al Qadiri
- Hype Williams (a.k.a. Dean Blunt, Inga Copeland and co.)
- Ill Blu
- Inga Copeland
- Jessy Lanza
- King Midas Sound
- Kyle Hall
- Laurel Halo
- Mark Pritchard
- Massive Music
- Morgan Zarate
- Terror Danjah
- IMO Records http://www.imorecords.co.uk/dubsteplabels/hyperdub-biography/ "Hyperdub Biography"], IMO Records, Retrieved on 12 December 2011.
- Rewind 2006, The Wire no. 275, January 2007.
- Bacher, Hannah. "Hyperdub: An Oral History". Red Bull Music Academy. Retrieved 4 October 2017.
- "Hyperdub's artists – Music at". Last.fm. 2012-03-22. Retrieved 2012-05-28.