|Edited by||Anna Dominiczak|
|1979 - present|
American Heart Association
Hypertension is a monthly, peer reviewed, scientific journal, established with the 1979 (January & February) issue (vol. 1), and published on behalf of the American Heart Association (AHA) by Lippincott, an imprint of Wolters Kluwer. The Editor in Chief is Anna F. Dominiczak.
Publishing formats include original manuscripts (6000 words), invited review summaries (6000 words), invited case-based reviews (6000 words), recent study highlights (3000 words), invited brief commentaries (1500 words), scientific or technical tutorials (6000 words), letter to the editor (500 words), and novel findings of unusual interest (1000 words).
The focus of this journal are different aspects of studying hypertension, which includes pathophysiology, blood pressure regulation, clinical treatment, and prevention. Original contributions span topics such as basic research, clinical studies, and population studies of hypertension. These studies include related fields such as nephrology, endocrinology, neuroscience, vascular biology, physiology, pharmacology, cellular and molecular biology, and genetics.
The journal ranks #1 among all hypertension journals and #3 among journals in the Peripheral Vascular Disease category (2016 Journal Citation Reports (Clarivate Analytics, 2017).
Open Access Policy
Hypertension offers an open access option for full-length, Original Contributions. The corresponding author may select an open access option during the first submission of the manuscript. All articles published under open access license will incur an article processing charge (APC), with three open access options available. Full guidelines for publishing open access can be found here: http://www.ahajournals.org/content/open-access-info
All Hypertension papers are available for free, full-text access after a 12-month embargo period after publication. Immediate access to full-text papers less than a year old does, however, require an American Heart Association/American Stroke Association membership or paid subscription.
Abstracting and Indexing
- BIOSIS Previews
- Chemical Abstracts 0009-2258
- Chemical Abstracts Service - CASSI
- Current Contents - Clinical Medicine
- Current Contents - Life Sciences
- Science Citation Index
- Hypertension home page.
- The 2017 Hypertension Clinical Practice Guidelines
- All AHA/ASA Scientific Statements and Clinical Practice Guidelines
- American Heart Association home page
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Membership Benefits
- "Master Journal List search". Bibliographic information for this journal. Thomson Reuters. August 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-29.
- "Catalog Record (online)". Bibliographic information for this journal. Library of Congress. August 2010. Archived from the original on 2012-12-12. Retrieved 2010-08-29.
- "CAS Source Index (CASSI)". Bibliographic information for this journal. American Chemical Society. August 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-29.