|Single by Chase & Status|
featuring Tempa T
|from the album No More Idols|
|Released||8 November 2010|
|Producer(s)||Chase & Status|
|Chase & Status singles chronology|
|Tempa T single singles chronology|
"Hypest Hype" is a song by electronic music duo Chase & Status. It was released on 8 November 2010 as a promotional single for their second studio album No More Idols, which was released on 28 January 2011. It also serves as the third overall single released from the album. The song features vocals from English grime MC Tempa T and contains vocal elements of the song "Been Down So Long" by The Doors from their 1971 blues-based album L.A. Woman.
Background and release
"Hypest Hype" received radio support after the release of "Let You Go" (reaching BBC Radio 1's A-List) implying it would be the third single. Instead, the song was released as a free download through their official website. However, it did chart at number 70 on the UK Singles Chart and number seven in the UK Dance Chart after the release of the album. On 21 November 2010, Q magazine dubbed the song as their "Track of the Day".
|1.||"Hypest Hype" (featuring Tempa T)||3:30|
- Saul Milton, Will Kennard – producer, mixing, writing, all instruments
- Nicholas "Tempa T" Dei – writing, lead vocals
- Andy Gangadeen – drums
- Takura Tendayi – backing vocals
- Jim Morrison, Robby Krieger, Ray Manzarek and John Densmore – writing
|UK Dance (Official Charts Company)||7|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||70|
|United Kingdom||8 November 2010||Digital download|
- "Chase & Status - Hypest Hype ft Tempa T". YouTube. Chase & Status. 27 September 2010.
- Chase & Status feat. Tempa T's Hypest Hype sample of The Doors's Been Down So Long | WhoSampled
- "Chase & Status - Hypest Hype - Track Of The Day". QTheMusic.com. 21 October 2010. Archived from the original on 7 March 2014.
- "Official Dance Singles Chart Top 40". Official Charts Company.
- "Official Singles Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company.
- "Hypest Hype Feat. Tempa T". Chase and Status. 08.11.2010. Check date values in: