From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up hypostasis in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Hypostatic, Hypostasis, or Hypostatization (from the Ancient Greek ὑπόστᾰσις, "under state") refers to a sense of underlying reality:
- Hypostatic abstraction (mathematics and logic)
- Hypostasis (linguistics), personification of entities
- Hypostatic gene, as a result of epistasis
- Hypostasis (philosophy and religion), the essence, or underlying reality
- Hypostasis (medicine), Livor mortis
- Hypostasis (personality), a psychological model, or theory, of personality masks
- Hypostatic union, Christian concept
- Holding current (electronics) known as the hypostatic
- Reification (fallacy) where hypostasis is a technical term to identify a thing which is reified, and hypostatization refers to the thought process
- Sediment in a liquid, including:
- Anthropomorphism, personification, also called hypostatization (hypostatisation), regarding or treating something as real
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Hypostasis.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.