Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up hypostasis in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Hypostatic, Hypostasis, or Hypostatization (from the Ancient Greek ὑπόστᾰσις, "under state") may refer to:
- Hypostasis (philosophy and religion), the essence, or underlying reality
- Hypostatic abstraction (mathematics and logic)
- Hypostasis (linguistics), personification of entities
- Hypostatic gene, as a result of epistasis
- Hypostasis or Livor mortis
- Hypostatic model of personality, a psychological model, or theory, of personality masks
- Hypostatic union, Christian concept
- Holding current (electronics) known as the hypostatic
- Reification (fallacy) where hypostasis is a technical term to identify a thing which is reified, and hypostatization refers to the thought process
- Sediment in a liquid, including:
- Anthropomorphism, personification, also called hypostatization (hypostatisation), regarding or treating something as real
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Hypostasis.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.