Hysan Place in November 2013
|Address||500 Hennessy Road|
|Opening date||10 August 2012|
|Developer||Hysan Development Company Limited|
|Total retail floor area||Over 710,000 sq ft|
|No. of floors||40 (17 shopping floors)|
Hysan Place (Chinese: 希慎廣場) is a shopping mall and office building at 500 Hennessy Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong. It was developed by Hysan Development Company Limited at the former site of Hennessy Centre and was designed by international architecture firm Kohn Pedersen Fox. It was opened on 10 August 2012.
Hysan Place is a 40-storey retail/office building. Other facilities include a four-storey car park and retail basement, covering a total gross floor area of approximately 710,000 square feet and a site area of around 47,738 square feet. Construction work is carried out by Gammon Construction. The contract value is HK$1.5 billion (US$193 million) and is set to complete in November 2011. The interior fit-out works is done by Vaford Contracting Co. Ltd. Hysan Place is the first Hong Kong building that has achieved pre-certification of the highest Platinum level under Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC).
Hysan Place comprises a 40-storey mixed-use tower that provides panoramic views. There are 15 levels of office space and some 17 floors of retail outlets, totaling 710,000 square feet. It is connected to the public transportation network and is directly linked to the MTR's Causeway Bay Station.
The shopping mall
The development includes 42,000m2 of retail space spread over 17 levels. The retail interior was designed by Benoy using a monochrome palette and organic geometric architectural lines. Eslite book store is reported to be renting 40,000 sq ft or 3 floors of retail space at Hysan Place.
Hysan Development Company Limited announced the first office tenant for Hysan Place as KPMG, the international accounting firm on 13 June 2011. KPMG has signed a nine-year lease for the 20th to the 25th floors of the building, taking up an area of approximately 80,000 sq. ft.
The office is located on floors 20 to 38. B1 floor and underground with four double-deck lifts to 9 to 10 floor transfer lobby. But the office rents far behind the mall, initially only 40%. Existing tenants include one of the four largest accounting firms KPMG, international leather goods Gucci, McCann Erickson, Content Delivery Network and Akamai and the US Recruitment Social Platform LinkedIn.
There is a small courtyard in the middle of the tallest two-storey office, named "Hysan Farmland", covering an area of about 5,000 square feet to promote a balanced culture of life. A variety of organic vegetables and herbs are planted and plans to organize workshops every year to allow business participants to experience the farming process. And the grass and green walls in the courtyard can relieve the heat island effect.
Awards and honors
- Green Building Award: Building Under Construction, Merit Award
- HKGBC, Gold, Best Mixed-Use Development (2012)
- MIPIM Asia, Global Awards for Excellence (2012)
- Urban Land Institute (2013)
- World Architecture Festival, Shortlist for Best Shopping Center (2013)
- Gammon Construction - Hysan Place Gammon Construction. Retrieved on 23 September 2011.
- http://www.worldarchitecturenews.com/index.php?fuseaction=wanappln.projectview&upload_id=20656. 5 September 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-20
- Ha, Karen, "Hysan rides wave of high office, shop rents" Archived 2014-03-12 at the Wayback Machine.The Standard. 9 March 2012. Retrieved 2012-03-09
- Hysan’s Landmark Causeway Bay Property ‘Hysan Place’ Tops Out Hysan press release. 19 September 2011.
- (in Chinese)誠品書店闖港 洽租希慎廣場 涉3萬至4萬呎 料呎租逾40元 Hong Kong Economic Times. 14 June 2011.
- (in Chinese)68%巨企營商地選港冠全球 Oriental Daily. 21 July 2011.
- Knight Frank: Shop rent growth accelerates Archived 2011-09-10 at the Wayback Machine. Kinght Frank Hong Kong. 21 July 2011.
- Hysan Development Company Announces KPMG As Its First Office Tenant At Hysan Place Hysan Press release. 13 June 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hysan Place.|