|Chen Qingzhou (President)|
Number of employees
Hytera (Chinese: 海能达; previously HYT; SZSE: 002583)is a manufacturer of radio transceivers and radio systems. The enterprise was founded in Shenzhen, China, in 1993 and operates on a global basis. Radio systems and radio solutions in compliance with the DMR, TETRA and MPT-1327 standard as well as corresponding radio transceivers range among the products of Hytera. Hytera is major contributor to the PDT Standard, which is designed for public safety organizations in China. Hytera ranks as the second largest global radio terminal manufacturer with a market share of 12.6%.
Locations and subsidiaries
The company's head office is in Shenzhen, China. Hytera's products are developed at three development sites in total. One of the development sites is located in Bad Münder, Germany. In March 2012 Hytera acquired the German company Rohde & Schwarz Professional Mobile Radio GmbH from the German electronics group Rohde & Schwarz, which is now known as Hytera Mobilfunk. In addition, there are Hytera subsidiaries in the USA and in the UK.
Hytera America, Inc
||This section contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
In June 2007, Hytera acquired Marketronics Corporation, now known as Hytera America, Inc. Located in Miramar, Florida, Hytera America has been a provider of wireless communications systems and products for more than 30 years. It offers its customers the most advanced products and services available to build, operate and maintain their wireless networks.
BICK Mobilfunk GmbH
The German company BICK Mobilfunk GmbH was founded as an engineering firm in 1980 and was absorbed by Rohde & Schwarz as early as in 1988. The company put into service the first TETRA system in Germany. The enterprise primarily deals with the development and implementation of trunked radio systems according to the TETRA standard. In 2011 TETRA division was sold to Hytera Communications Co. Ltd.
Hytera and the subsidiary company Hytera Mobilfunk GmbH are members of the following organizations:
- TCCA (TETRA + Critical Communications Association)
- Professioneller Mobilfunk e.V. (Federal Association of Professional Mobile Radio, Hytera Mobilfunk GmbH is a founding member)
- Bitkom (Federal Association for Information Technology, Telecommunications and New Media)
- ETSI (European Telecommunications Standards Institute)
- DMR Association (Digital Mobile Radio Association)
- "Hytera - About Hytera". Hytera.de. Archived from the original on 2013-06-01. Retrieved 2013-04-27.
- "Professional Digital Trunking System Industry Association". Pdt.org.cn. 2010-11-26. Retrieved 2013-04-27.
- "Hytera Ranks the Second in Global Terminal Market". Dmr-applications.com. 2003-12-31. Retrieved 2013-04-27.
- Rohde & Schwarz TETRA division take over
- Rohde & Schwarz#Product timeline