I'll Just Hold On
|"I'll Just Hold On"|
|Single by Blake Shelton|
|from the album Startin' Fires|
|Released||February 23, 2009|
|Format||CD single, digital download|
|Label||Warner Bros. Nashville|
|Blake Shelton singles chronology|
"I'll Just Hold On" is a song written by Ben Hayslip, Troy Olsen, and Bryant Simpson, and recorded by American country music singer Blake Shelton. It was released in February 2009 as the second single from his fifth studio album Startin' Fires.
The song is a mid-tempo ballad in which the male narrator expresses his love for a free-spirited woman who does not want to stay with anyone. He tells her, "I'll just hold on / Until you're gone." The song features a sitar in the intro, with fiddle and electric guitar flourishes as well.
Lynn Douglas of Country Universe gave the song a C+ rating. His review of the song states that "[Shelton] has tenfold the personality and talent that this prosaic song and standard Nashville country-pop production would have us believe." Matt Bjorke of Roughstock gave a mixed review, saying that the use of sitar gave the song a distinctive sound, but added "the lyric has been said before and I have to wonder if the release of this song won’t return Shelton back to the valley portion of his career."
"I'll Just Hold On" debuted at #60 on the Hot Country Songs chart dated March 7, 2009, and reached a peak of #8 on the chart in September 2009.
|US Billboard Hot 100||76|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||8|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||23|
- Douglas, Lynn (2009-02-20). "Blake Shelton - "I'll Just Hold On"". Country Universe. Retrieved 2009-04-27.
- Bjorke, Matt (2009-02-04). "Blake Shelton - "I'll Just Hold On" Single Review.". Roughstock. Retrieved 2009-04-27.
- "Blake Shelton – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Blake Shelton. Retrieved January 29, 2011.
- "Blake Shelton – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Blake Shelton. Retrieved January 29, 2011.
- "Best of 2009: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2009. Retrieved December 13, 2009.