|Single by The Animals|
|from the album The Animals on Tour|
|B-side||"Take It Easy"|
|Format||7" 45 RPM|
|Genre||Rhythm and blues, rock|
|Writer(s)||Eric Burdon, Alan Price|
|The Animals singles chronology|
"I'm Crying" is a song originally performed by British rock band The Animals, written by the group's lead vocalist Eric Burdon and organist Alan Price. The song was released as a single in September 1964 and became their second transatlantic hit after "The House of the Rising Sun", which was released earlier in the year (see 1964 in music). The single became a Top 20 hit in Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
Reception and charts
Even when the single became a hit, it was nowhere near the hit that "The House of the Rising Sun" was, so songs written by members of the band were kept as b-sides until the band changed record producers from Mickie Most to Tom Wilson in 1966.
|Canadian Singles Chart||6|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||8|
|US Billboard Hot 100||19|
There are many covers of it, including:
- Eric Burdon
- Iggy Pop
- Mondo Topless
- Paul Revere & the Raiders
- The Pretty Things
- The Secret Service
- Bobby Sherman
- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
- The Doughboys
- "The Story of the Animals". The Singles+ (CD liner). The Animals. Netherlands: BR Music. 1994, 1999. p. 1. BS 8112-2. Check date values in:
- "Top 40&5" (PHP). RPM. Vol. 2 (No. 12). 16 November 1964. Retrieved 1 April 2011.
- "Archive Chart: 1964-10-17" UK Singles Chart.
- Whitburn, Joel (2010). "Chapter 1: The Artists". The Billboard Book of Top 40 Hits (9th ed.). Billboard Books. p. 32. ISBN 978-0-8230-8554-5.
|This 1960s rock song–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|