I'm Gonna Be An Angel!
|I'm Gonna Be An Angel!|
Noelle's family in I'm Gonna Be An Angel!.
Gabriel, Sara, Papa,
(Tenshi ni Narumon!)
|Genre||Romantic comedy, Fantasy|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Hiroshi Nishikiori|
|Original run||April 7, 1999 – September 29, 1999|
I'm Gonna Be An Angel! (Japanese: 天使になるもんっ! Hepburn: Tenshi ni Narumon!?) is an anime produced by Studio Pierrot. A manga was also released in Japan in 1999. The anime was licensed for release in the United States by Synch-Point, but its domestic distribution license has since expired. The American DVD release was never completed, due to poor marketing and distribution, and thus, poor sales. The manga has not been licensed for release in the United States.
I'm Gonna Be An Angel! is the story of Yuusuke Kamoshita who is living alone until he literally stumbles across a naked girl in a forest, a very energetic girl named Noelle. Noelle and her entire family proceed to move into Yuusuke's tiny home, replacing it with a huge plastic-looking castle, and disrupt his life. Shortly into the series, Yuusuke writes a note to his crush Natsumi Suzuhara apologizing for a few "incidents", in which he also exclaims that she is an angel to him. Noelle later finds the note and decides she wants to be Yuusuke's angel. Silky and her minions interfere as the series goes on.
- Noelle (ノエル Noeru?)
- Voiced by: Tomoko Kawakami (Japanese), Diana Kou (English)
- Noelle is an energetic angel in training. She shows great affection towards Yuusuke and is determined to become an angel. She often devises ways of taking off on a short runway, the roof of the house, in order to fly which is important on being an angel. She has vowed to marry Yuusuke once she has completed her training to becoming an angel for Yuusuke. At the end of the series, she and Yuusuke show that they love each other very much.
- Yuusuke Kamoshita (鴨下 祐介 Kamoshita Yuusuke?)
- Yuusuke is admired by Noelle but does not return her affection initially. He too is overlooked by the girl he has a crush on, Natsumi. He is passive and can do little when Noelle and her monster-like family move into his lonely house. He tries to keep quiet about their residence when he is not in the house and tries to keep things from turning chaotic within the house. At first he didn't agree with being Noelle's husband but in the end, he falls in love with Noelle.
- Natsumi Suzuhara (鈴原 夏海 Suzuhara Natsumi?)
- Voiced by: Yukana Nogami (Japanese), Jodi Tannar (English)
- Natsumi is Yuusuke's classmate, whom he has a crush on. She is an athletic diver. She is often spied upon by Yuusuke and his classmates from a small window at the diving complex at their school. She has a serious personality. She has a boyfriend named Kai, who wears glasses, and seems older than she does. Kai was her brother's best friend, and ever since his death, she had substituted Kai as her brother. She has had encounters with an angel, her deceased brother Fuyuki, which is proven later to be Raphael at the very end of the series.
- At the beginning she seems to dislike Yuusuke because she believes he is a pervert, but later begins to get attracted to him.
- Papa (パパ Papa?)
- Voiced by: Juurouta Kosugi (Japanese), Ricardo Ibarra (English)
- Papa is Noelle's father, and is a Frankenstein monster-like creature. He has a calm demeanour. He usually calls Yuusuke "son in law".
- Mama (ママ Mama?)
- Mama is Noelle's mother. She is the most normal, though absent minded, member of the family of monsters, although she shows another side of herself in one episode (she's actually a crazy witch).
- Granny (おばあちゃん Obā-chan?)
- Voiced by: Tomoko Naka (Japanese), Hettie Lynne Hurtes (English)
- Granny (Baba) is Noelle's grandmother and is a witch. She strongly dislikes humans and, therefore, is against Noelle wanting to marry Yuusuke.
- Gabriel (ガブリエル Gaburieru?)
- Gabriel is Noelle's older brother, and is a vampire. He enjoys teasing Yuusuke, and has horribly bad allergies to cats. When Miruru becomes the maid of the family Gabriel eventually gets used to her.
- Sara (サーラ Sāra?)
- Voiced by: Ayako Kawasumi (Japanese), Rose Bomrungchati (English)
- Sara is Noelle's older sister. She has the power to turn invisible, and spends a lot of her time in this form. Others find it hard to tell when she is there or not, and she also becomes attracted to Yuusuke. Later in the series when she meets Mikael she falls in love with him- but he and Raphael are a couple.
- Lucca (ルカ Ruka?)
- Voiced by: Ikue Ohtani (Japanese), Jennifer Seltzer (English)
- Lucca is Noelle's younger sister, and is an elven-looking creature. She is a mad scientist, and often makes different mechanical devices to help Noelle learn to fly and become an angel. In one of the episodes when she meets up with Eros she gets interested in him because of his speed. When Eros tells her his speed is due to his love for Silky, she thinks it's a silly idea because of her obsession for science.
- Dispel (ディスペル Disuperu?)
- Voiced by: Mitsuo Iwata (Japanese), Hisato Masuyama (English)
- Dispel is the initial antagonist of the series, or so the audience is led to believe. He has several henchmen who he dispatches to thwart Noelle's attempts to become an angel and often treats his slave Silky unkindly. At the end of the first season, it is seen that he was a toy of Silky's. He is destroyed by her, and Silky takes his place as the series' main antagonist.
- Silky (シルキー Shirukī?)
- Originally when Dispel appeared to be in control, Silky seemed to be a dominated slave. During the second season it is revealed that she was strong willed and is more scheming and power hungry than Dispel was. Silky's intentions are unclear though she sends her minions to interfere with Noelle's training at every opportunity. At the end of the series, it is revealed that Silky, Mikael, and Noelle grew from three parts of a shattered angel-egg. So they must all become angels together or not at all. Silky does not want to become an angel which is why she is resisting the efforts of Noelle. At the end, Silky is dragged against her will to join the other two and become angels. Noelle persuades her to accept this.
- Miruru (ミルル Miruru?)
- Voiced by: Mayumi Iizuka
- Miruru, a catgirl, originally appears to be one of Dispel's henchmen but is revealed to be Dispel's daughter later in the series. She is in love with Gabriel, but because of his allergy to cats, he initially hates her. After the first season when Dispel is destroyed she becomes free of him and dedicates herself to being the maid of the house and stays with the family.
- Muse (ミューズ Myūzu?)
- Voiced by: Sakura Tange
- Muse is a shapeshifter whose ability is limited to changing into inanimate objects. She is a reluctant henchmen and only obeys orders so that she is not punished. She is never successful on her missions and is punished anyway, however. Noelle and the others never seem to notice that she is around which is partially due to her shapeshifting ability and partly due to her ineptness at interfering. She is madly in love with Eros and will doing anything he orders. She can be a bit of a crybaby at some points.
- Eros (エロス Erosu?)
- Voiced by: Omi Minami
- Eros is a demon-like creature that is a henchmen just as Muse is. He doesn't seem to notice Muse's affection towards him, instead going out of the way to please Silky and win her affection. Along with Muse, he bumps into Ruka in one episode and befriends her.
- Mikael (ミカエル Mikaeru?)
- Mikael is a puzzling character in the beginning of I'm Gonna Be An Angel. In the beginning of the anime, it is apparent that he shares an intangible relation with Noelle, even to the extent in which he is capable of speaking to her through telepathy. He encourages her to become an angel. He carries the Book of Chaos, in which the text fills a single page for each instance in which Noelle accomplishes an angelic deed. He is very strange in each episode for reason and it seems reason the other side where boys go at it. He seem to be in a romantic relationship with Raphael.
- Raphael (ラファエル Rafaeru?) /Fuyuki Suzuhara (鈴原 冬雪 Suzuhara Fuyuki?)
- Voiced by: Shoutarou Morikubo
- Raphael is an angel whose foremost physical feature is a singular wing. He is a professor at the Angel School with Mikael as his student. He cannot be seen by most of the human world, with Noelle, Mikael, and Natsumi as exceptions and only Mikael can touch him. However, he does influence certain events of the series, in particular rescuing Noelle, Yuusuke, and child Natsumi when he grants Noelle the temporary power of flight as they fall from the clock tower in episode 13. He is benevolent and willing to assist Mikael and Noelle in their quest to become angels, and he has a romantic relationship with Mikael.
- Shinobu (忍先生 Shinobu?)
- Voiced by: Mami Kingetsu (Japanese), Kelli Tager (English)
- She is Noelle and Yuusuke's class teacher in school.
- Masaru (マサル Masaru?)
- One of Yuusuke's classmate.
- Saiki (斉木 Saiki?)
- Voiced by: Souichiro Hoshi (Japanese), Moe Gans-Pomerantz (English)
- Yuusuke's classmate who wears glasses.
|#||Episode Title||Original Air Date|
|01||"Kisses Mean I Like You, I Think"
|April 07, 1999|
|Yuusuke meets Noelle in a forest naked and accidentally kisses her which leads to him becoming her (apparent) future husband. Later after school ends, he finds his home transformed with Noelle and her family moved in.|
|02||"Patched Up Love is Okay with Me!"
|April 14, 1999|
|Yuusuke's feelings are rejected when he writes an apology letter to Natsumi, Noelle gets kidnapped by a fat rubbery man and Yuusuke and Papa rescue her.|
|03||"Hug Me, Squeeze Me"
|April 21, 1999|
|Gabriel is on a walk and runs into Miruru, who has come to the human world for some fun. Yuusuke leaves the house, not able to deal with the chaos anymore. He goes to the park where he sees Natsumi with a guy (maybe a boyfriend?). Meanwhile, Noelle is determined to become an angel for Yuusuke so she asks all her family members how to become an angel. Her grandmother tells her angels must give up all their desires, telling Noelle that she has to stop "squeezing" Yuusuke if she ever wants to become an angel. Later at school, Noelle shows up in a full-body suit, made by Lucca, that flings her across the room if she tries to come into contact with Yuusuke, who is very concerned over Noell's wellbeing. After one incident, Noelle falls unconscious and Yuusuke takes her to the Nurse's office. When they leave school, Yuusuke finds a letter in his show locker from Natsumi, telling him to meet her at the pool that night. He sneaks out and it turns out to be a trap set by Miruru, who is working for Dispel. She summons a bunch of Kappa in the pool and they create a whirlpool with the intent of killing Yuusuke so Noell will give up on trying to become an angel. However, Noelle had noticed that Yuusuke was gone and came to the rescue, diving into the whirlpool (while still in the repelling suit) to try and save Yuusuke who is stuck in the center of the whirlpool, unable to move. Noelle's desperation to save Yuusuke causes her halo to flash and expand, breaking the suite binding her. It cuts to Yuusuke having to give Noelle CPR and then he carries her home.|
|04||"Precious Things are Precious"
|April 28, 1999|
|Yuusuke has a cold, but the monster family argues over what "really" ails him! Papa thinks he needs to shed some skin, Grandma thinks he's cursed, and Gabriel has no idea what he's saying. Noelle goes to school on her own after Yuusuke tells her angels have to go to school, and she discovers a new word - Precious! Not sure what it means, she asks their teacher and Natsumi gets mad at Noelle for wasting class time with stupid questions. After school, Miruru reappears and gets Noelle to go with her to have some yummy food that will "bring her happiness," and Noelle wants to share it with Yuusuke! Another battle ensues before Noelle accidentally drops the Jasmine Jelly she'd wanted to give to Yuusuke, who's fever broke and he tells her he appreciates the thought.|
|05||"Not there but still there"
|May 05, 1999|
|It's vacation time and everyone is going to the beach! After a short argument between Papa and Gabriel, Mama decided it's the beach or nothing. Arriving, Mama immediately forces everyone to play beach volley ball. Yuusuke and Noelle escape with the excuse of going to get drinks for everyone, but Noelle gets distracted by a crab so Yuusuke goes on alone. He comes across a strange shop where the girl behind the counter is wrapped in bandages (though we only ever see her arms). Later, Grandma scared Yuusuke by enchanting the fire to chase him and he ends up back at the shop, which is closed now. The girl from earlier is back though and he discovers that it was actually Sara! She tells Yuusuke her reason for being invisible and then says she wants him to see her. She becomes visible but before Yuusuke can say anything, Noelle screams in the distance. She is being attacked once again by some monsters sent by Disple. Yuusuke runs off to save her while Sara stands, dejected but fully visible. Yuusuke and Noelle get kidnapped by the monsters and they are taken up in the airship. Sara tries to tell the rest of the family but nobody will listen to her. She becomes so angry that she yells for them to stop playing around and becomes visible, shocking everyone into silence. Sara tells them about Yuusuke and Noelle and they go save the kids. Once everyone is safe, Papa "properly" introduces his oldest daughter Sara to Yuusuke.|
|06||"Hearts have wings and stuff"
|May 12, 1999|
|The episode opens with Natsumi's dream. She seems to have a brother who died and we find out that the guy she was with in the second episode is called Kai. Meanwhile, Noelle is going to fly! This episode she tries out a new invention from Lucca, but things don't go so well. Yuusuke finds out that Noelle thought that anything that can fly is an angel and isn't sure how to set her straight. Then Noelle goes to Natsumi, asking her to teach Noelle how to fly. Natsumi is irritated and annoyed at Noelle's behavior and finds herself running and hiding from the relentless ball of energy. When Noelle tries the high dive, Yuusuke and Natsumi become concerned and Natsumi jumps in to save Noelle after her failed dive. Noelle saw Natsumi smile underwater and celebrates while Natsumi denies having done so. In the background of the episode, Miruru is hanging out with the monsters who are supposed to help capture Noelle, but Milk Boy and Cow are so moved by the scene at the pool that Milk Boy decided rather than being a villain, he wants to become a Sumo Wrestler, so there isn't actually a fight this episode. In the end of the episode, Yuusuke tries to explain angels (and what they do), saying that angels always know what to do to make someone feel better. Natusmi is still convinced that people cannot fly.|
|07||"A Bond That's Really Strong"
|May 19, 1999|
|A squid claiming to be Noelle comes to the house. She's trying to boot the real Noelle out but the monster family is so mixed around that they just accept her into the family. Yuusuke is getting real tired of putting up with the crazy antics of this family and just wants to have some privacy and is egged on by the new house maid who tells him he's the normal one and that he needs to stand up for himself. He tries to speak up but it always interrupted. Squid-Noelle convinces Noelle to leave the house so Yuusuke won't have to leave (Yuusuke having given up his bowl at dinner to Noelle when Squid-Noelle took her bowl). Mikael speaks to Noelle while she's hanging out at a park and convinces her to not hold back. The new house maid turns out to be Miruru in disguise (which explains Gabriel's itching the whole episode - he's allergic to cats). Miruru and the Squid were working together to get rid of Noelle, but since the family was so accepting of her (Papa even went out and found a special bowl just for Squid) Squid feels really bad about deceiving them. Miruru takes Squid and runs off, Papa and Gabriel going to save her while Yuusuke goes to find the real Noelle. Miruru is trying to fry the Squid and Noelle shows up to save the day, Yuusuke saving her when she's attacked. They all head back home but Squid says she has to go find a fiancé for herself, telling Noelle that she and Yuusuke look cute together. Later, the family receives a letter from Squid who is having a great time with her new fiancé.|
|08||"I Wanna See You, but It Hurts"
|May 26, 1999|
|Lucca has created a fighting robot to prepare for their next fight and nobody can decide who will be the first to pilot it. The special pilot suit lands in Noelle's hands so she puts it on and is the pilot. They go out and practice while Miruru spies on them from a distance. Meanwhile a mama robot and her baby are still sad about the papa robot who was defeated by the gang in an earlier episode. Miruru uses this to her advantage, convincing the mama robot to take revenge on Noelle and the others for killing her husband. While Noelle is taking a beating from mama robot, Lucca reveals a second robot that picks its own pilot, this time Yuusuke being chosen. However, this robot runs out of power quickly into the fight so Yuusuke isn't much help. Then the family has the bright idea of bringing the papa robot back to life to appease the mama robot. Everyone is teary eyes and touched by the reunion but poor Yuusuke is still stuck in the powered down robot.|
|09||"No Doesn't Always Mean No"
|June 02, 1999|
|Granny doesn't want Noelle to marry an "impure human" so she goes off in a huff when the family starts discussing marriage plans (ignoring Yuusuke's objections). Miruru and Granny team up to try and get Yuusuke out of the picture (Miruru telling Granny that she loves Yuusuke and wants him for herself). So the newest robot has a ukulele that can turn people into frogs. Slowly each family member is turned into a cute little frog until Yuusuke is the only one left (Miruru betrayed Granny so even she is a frog) and has to figure out how to save everyone. He thinks you have to look into the ukulele's eyes but it's the strings that hold the magic.|
|10||"The Thing at the End of the Tunnel"
|June 09, 1999|
|Natsumi has a fight with Kai. Yuusuke and Noelle go to a festival and Noelle receives a little creature called Bunbun ("Boonboon"), who supposedly will turn into a angel with 7 color wings if it's taken care of properly. Yuusuke has a bad feeling about the little guy though since it refuses to let Noelle sleep in Yuusuke's room and she even left for school without him the next morning. When it goes cray and eats all the food at the table when Noelle runs off to get some napkins, Yuusuke is convinces Bunbun is bas news, but Noelle refuses to believe him. When Yuusuke yells at her to get rid of it, Noelle seems like she's about to say "I hate you!" but instead says "I still love you!" so Miruru pops out, disappointed that her plan to break up Yuusuke and Noelle didn't work. Bunbun then goes berserk and drills holes into the walls of the house, making the whole thing look like Swiss cheese. Bunbun goes after Noelle and Yuusuke saves her. Lucca then fixes the old Bunbun into a proper, non-evil, creature and Noelle celebrates.|
|11||"It's Suddenly Time to Say Goodbye"
|June 16, 1999|
|A comet is coming and it's got Mikael worried for Noelle. Yuusuke and Natsumi are chosen to be the class representatives on the committee for the school's Durian festival to celebrate the comet (that looks like a durian fruit). Yuusuke has a chat with Kai, learning about the relationship between Kai, Natsumi, and Natsumi's dead brother Fuyuki. Kai was always in love with Natsumi but she only ever saw him as Fuyuki's friend, then when Fuyuki died she started to hang around Kai more (likely using him as a replacement for Fuyuki). Mikael speaks to Yuusuke, telling him to not let Noelle out of his sight and Yuusuke goes to find her. She's with Lucca at the school's clock tower, they were going to use the comets power to help Noelle fly, but the clock started to wing backwards, catching the hose attached to Noelle's mechanical wings and lifting her into the air. Yuusuke arrives just then and helps get her down before running up the clock tower to see what was happening. When he gets there, he finds Natsumi, but she's become a child again!|
|12||"To Like is to be Liked?"
|June 23, 1999|
|Child Natsumi is staying with Yuusuke and the others at his house. He tells the school he, Noelle, and Natsumi all got sick and his friends take over the committee positions, but they're not buying the sudden sickness and pay Yuusuke a visit. So Yuusuke comes clean and tells them about Natsumi and his friends say they'll help him cover it up as long as he can find the cure. Yuusuke tries to take Natsumi back to the clock tower to find clues but she refuses and runs off. Later, Noelle remembers seeing Natsumi at a grave and that's where they find her. Yuusuke tries to explain to Natsumi that she has to let her brother go, he's never coming back, and she'll stay a child forever if she can't accept that, but all this does is make Natsumi mad at and scared of Yuusuke. She retreats into the (weird) hole in Yuusuke's room, covering it with cardboard and refusing to come out, throwing stuff at Yuusuke when he tries to go in. Meanwhile, Noelle is practicing on the room of the school with the heavy mechanical wings for the day the comet comes. Sara and Gabriel seem a little concerned that Yuusuke is spending so much time and energy on Natsumi, and Lucca tries to point out to Noelle that Yuusuke would probably rather become Natsumi's angel than for Noelle to become him, but Noelle doesn't seem to understand what Lucca is trying to say. On the day of the festival, Yuusuke is fed up with Natsumi hiding and goes to get her out, but she's ready and runs up to the roof. Yuusuke has a heart to heart with her, he explained how at first he thought they had the same kind of sadness over losing people they love, but he'd realized that they were different pains after all (since he is still able to actually see and speak to his parents since they're not dead, unlike Natsumi's brother). Yuusuke and Natsumi both decide to make a wish on the Durian comet to wish for Natusmi to be able to see Fuyuki again.|
|13||"Round 'n Round and Back at the Start"
|June 30, 1999|
|At the festival, Granny is running a fortune telling stand. She sees Mikael walking past and invites him in. We discover that Granny knows who Mikael is (or at least knows he's been encouraging Noelle's endeavor to become an angel) and tells him to leave Noelle alone. Yuusuke and child-Natsumi are on their way to the festival to make their wish. Miruru is confronted by Dispel, who has come to capture Noelle himself. He tries to kill Miruru but Gabriel steps in and saves her. He realizes that he's not itchy and theorizes that since he drank Miruru's blood (a few episodes ago) he's immune to his cat allergy now. The comet is over head and Noelle is preparing to run like her and Lucca had been practicing, when Dispel drops in and throws Lucca through the clock tower before chasing after Noelle who tried to run away. Yuusuke and Natsumi had been on their way to the top of the clock tower to make their wish when Lucca came crashing through. Yuusuke's friends and their teacher see Dispel going after Noelle and throw their durian's at him to try and slow him down. Noelle and Dispel end up at the top of the clock tower. Yuusuke tries to help but gets blown off the building. He's trying to hold on to both the building and Natsumi while Disple tries to kick him off. Yuusuke and Natumi fall and Noelle jumps after them. There's a flash of light, Noelle's halo flashing and expanding, and her mechanical wings take flight, enabling her to save Yuusuke and Natusmi, all three of them safely landing on the ground. Disple, believing that he failed in preventing Noelle from becoming an angel, leaves. Natsumi, who had a vision of her brother telling her to let him go and move on, has turned back into her normal self to Yuusuke's relief. Back at the lair, Dispel is upset and Silky, his supposed slave, tells him Noelle isn't an angel yet and says she's bored now. She was apparently in charge the whole time, Dispel just being a doll. Back at the school, Mikael is trying to figure out what happened and sees a one-winged angel on the hands of the clock tower. It's Raphael, a teacher at the angel academy. Mikael is upset that Raphael helped Noelle (she didn't become and angel, Raphael gave her the power she needed to fly for that moment) because he says she'll never become an angel if she can't learn. Raphael flies over to the roof with Mikael and pretends to have a coughing fit, leaning on Mikael for support. Mikael, concerned, is disgruntled to find out Raphael was tricking Mikael (just to get a hug from the shorter angel?). Raphael agrees to stop helping, but says he wants to look over Noelle with Mikael instead. THe next day, Noelle is trying to fly again by jumping off the room, with no results. Everyone is concerned and tries to get her to stop, but she's still determined to become Yuusuke's angel.|
|14||"Because Promises Are in the Heart"
|July 07, 1999|
|15||"Something That's Too Far to Reach"
|July 14, 1999|
|16||"Feelings That Cannot Be Answered"
|July 21, 1999|
|17||"Untying and Tying"
|July 28, 1999|
|18||"Having Both Is Bad?"
|August 04, 1999|
|19||"Power of Love"
|August 11, 1999|
|20||"Close Dream, Far Person"
|August 18, 1999|
|21||"There Are Untrue Truths"
|August 25, 1999|
|22||"Just Stretch Your Hand and... See?"
|September 01, 1999|
|23||"A Breaking Heart"
|September 08, 1999|
|24||"That Which Is Waiting on the Other Side of the Door"
|September 15, 1999|
|25||"Because I Want Everything, I Need Nothing"
|September 22, 1999|
|26||"What is Truly Important Right Now"
|September 29, 1999|
- "Because I Love You!" (だって、大好き! Datte, Daisuki!?)
- "Love is an Ocean" (あいは海 Ai wa Umi?)
- Lyrics, composition and song by: Sizzle Ohtaka
- Arrangement by: Yoshikazu Suo
North American distribution
Indication that I'm Gonna Be An Angel! was licensed in North America was revealed on Studio Pierrot's website early 2001, but there was no mention on who the licensor was. In March 2001, Synch-Point officially announced they had acquired I'm Gonna Be An Angel! with FLCL for North American distribution. Volume one was released on VHS on July 10, 2001 as Synch-Point's debut title and later released on DVD on April 23, 2002. Volume two was delayed for a month and then again to an indefinite date. Two years after the first release of the first volume, Synch-Point announced they would release volume two on January 27, 2004, but it was delayed again until March 30, 2004 because of cover design issues.
At Fanime 2005, Synch-Point told the public that I'm Gonna Be An Angel had not been making a profit for them so they had to "raise funds with other projects first". They planned to release volume four to six as a set, but no releases have been made after volume three was released on January 4, 2005, almost a year after volume two was released.
- "Synch-Point on I'm Gonna be an Angel Release". Anime News Network. 2005-06-09. Retrieved 2007-10-27.
- "Anime Tourist Interview: Behind the Scenes of FLCL.". Anime Tourist. 2002. Archived from the original on 2002-03-28.
- "Studio Pierrot Anime Licensed". Anime News Network. 2001-02-24. Retrieved 2007-10-27.
- "FLCL and I'm Gonna Be An Angel Acquisition Announcement". Anime News Network. 2001-03-30. Retrieved 2007-10-27.
- "Synch-Point Announces the VHS Release of I'm Gonna be an Angel Vol. 1 - Earth Angel". Synch-Point. 2001-05-18. Archived from the original on 2007-05-17. Retrieved 2007-10-27.
- "Synch-Point Delays Upcoming Titles". Anime News Network. 2001-01-10. Retrieved 2007-10-27.
- "Synch Point delay". Anime News Network. 2002-02-27. Retrieved 2007-10-27.
- "I'm Gonna Be An Angel 2 Date set". Anime News Network. 2003-09-19. Retrieved 2007-10-27.
- "Cover Girl: Sara". Synch-Point. 2004-03-01. Archived from the original on 2007-09-04. Retrieved 2007-10-27.
- "Cover Changes". Synch-Point. 2004-03-02. Archived from the original on 2007-09-05. Retrieved 2007-10-27.
- "Synch-Point on I'm Gonna be an Angel Release". Anime News Network. 2005-06-09. Retrieved 2007-10-27.
- "I'm Gonna Be An Angel Vol. #3". Anime on DVD. 2005-06-22. Retrieved 2007-10-27.
- Studio Pierrot 天使になるもんっ! Official site (archive) (Japanese)
- BANDAI CHANNEL 天使になるもんっ! (Japanese)
- Synch-Point's site
- I'm Gonna Be An Angel! (anime) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia