|"I'm No Stranger to the Rain"|
|Single by Keith Whitley|
|from the album Don't Close Your Eyes|
|B-side||"A Day In The Life Of A Fool"|
|Keith Whitley singles chronology|
"I'm No Stranger to the Rain" is a song recorded by American country music artist Keith Whitley. It was released in January 1989 as the fifth and final single from his album Don't Close Your Eyes, and was the last single released during Whitley's lifetime. It peaked at number-one in both the United States and Canada. Joe Diffie covered the song on Whitley's 1995 tribute album. It was written by Sonny Curtis and Ron Hellard.
A music video was filmed for this song. It features Keith and his band playing at the former Douglas Corner Cafe in Nashville.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||1|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||9|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||7|
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||500,000‡|
^ Shipments figures based on certification alone.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 382.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 6336." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. May 1, 1989. Retrieved August 28, 2013.
- "Keith Whitley Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1989". RPM. December 23, 1989. Retrieved August 28, 2013.
- "Best of 1989: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1989. Retrieved August 28, 2013.
- "American single certifications – Keith Whitley – I'm No Stranger To The Rain". Recording Industry Association of America.