I'm No Stranger to the Rain
|"I'm No Stranger to the Rain"|
|Single by Keith Whitley|
|from the album Don't Close Your Eyes|
|B-side||"A Day in the Life"|
|Writer(s)||Sonny Curtis, Ron Hellard|
|Producer(s)||Garth Fundis, Keith Whitley|
|Keith Whitley singles chronology|
"I'm No Stranger to the Rain" is a song recorded by American country music artist Keith Whitley. It was released in January 1989 as the fifth and final single from his album Don't Close Your Eyes, and was the last single released before Whitley's death. It peaked at number-one in both the United States and Canada. Joe Diffie covered the song on Whitley's 1995 tribute album. It was written by Sonny Curtis and Ron Hellard.
A music video was filmed for this song. It features Keith and his band playing in a café.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||1|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||9|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||7|
"Baby's Gotten Good at Goodbye"
by George Strait
|Billboard Hot Country Singles
April 8–April 15, 1989
"The Church on Cumberland Road"
|RPM Country Tracks
April 24, 1989
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 382.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 6336." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. May 1, 1989. Retrieved August 28, 2013.
- "Keith Whitley – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Keith Whitley.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1989". RPM. December 23, 1989. Retrieved August 28, 2013.
- "Best of 1989: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1989. Retrieved August 28, 2013.