I'm Not A Vampire
|"I'm Not a Vampire"|
|Single by Falling in Reverse|
|from the album The Drug in Me Is You|
|Released||October 24, 2011|
|Falling in Reverse singles chronology|
"I'm Not a Vampire" is the third single from the debut album, The Drug in Me Is You, of the band Falling in Reverse. Like other songs on the album, Ronnie Radke wrote the song while incarcerated for parole violation, before the formation of Falling in Reverse.
The music video was released on October 24, 2011 and parodied Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew, with Ronnie Radke checking himself into the fictionalized rehab while performing the song. Some of the figures parodied in the video included socialite and heiress Paris Hilton, drummer Tommy Lee, and fictional supernatural serial killer Jason Voorhees. Additionally, internet personality Jeffree Star appeared as an extra, sporting pink hair and large hoop earrings, visible at the 2:25 mark of the video.
|Freakin' Awesome Net Work|||
About "I'm Not A Vampire", Loudwire said "On the track, frontman Ronnie Radke belts out an appealing chorus that will burrow in your head and linger there as he sings, 'I’m insane / Well, I can feel it in my bones / Coursing through my veins / When did I become so cold? / For goodness sake / Where is my self-control? / If home is where my heart is / Then my heart has lost all hope.' The song is complete with heavy guitar riffs and a serious guitar solo, plus soaring synthesizers along with crushingly upbeat drum patterns. Radke’s hasty deliverance of witty lyrics makes this song a treat, as well [...] One of the best and humorous parts of the song is when Radke cleverly sings 'Hi, my name is Ronnie / I’m an addict / Daddy should’ve never raised me on Black Sabbath.'”
- Revolver Magazine's The 10 Best Music Videos of 2011
|Germany||June 25, 2011||Epitaph Records||Digital|||
The guitar solo included in "I'm Not A Vampire" is inspired by and closely resembles the work of Johann Sebastian Bach, possibly coming from "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor". "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor" was also used as the sit-in theme for Bram Stoker's Dracula.
- Songfacts. "I'm Not a Vampire by Falling in Reverse - Songfacts". www.songfacts.com. Retrieved 2019-01-16.
- Baltin, Steve; Baltin, Steve (2012-04-05). "Falling in Reverse Frontman Goes from Jail to Warped Main Stage". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2019-01-16.
- "MusicVideo Review: Falling in Reverse - I'm Not a Vampire". Freakin' Awesome Network. 2011-11-16. Retrieved 2019-01-16.
- "I'm Not A Vampire on Amazon.com". www.amazon.com. 2013. Retrieved 19 July 2013.
- "I'm Not A Vampire on Amazon.co.uk". www.amazon.co.uk. 2011. Retrieved 21 July 2013.