I'm Ready (Tevin Campbell song)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Single by Tevin Campbell|
|from the album I'm Ready|
|Released||February 25, 1994|
|Format||CD single, Cassette single|
|Genre||R&B, new jack swing|
|Producer(s)||Babyface, Daryl Simmons|
|Tevin Campbell singles chronology|
"I'm Ready" is the second single from Tevin Campbell's second album I'm Ready. It was a success in both the Pop and R&B charts reaching the top-ten on the Billboard Hot 100 (#9) and top-five R&B (#2). It remained at #2 on the R&B charts for 4 weeks mainly because at the time R. Kelly was making a then record-breaking run on the chart with his mega hit "Bump n' Grind", which stayed at #1 for an astonishing 12 weeks. "I'm Ready" was nominated for a Grammy for Best Rhythm & Blues Vocal Performance - Male.
Credits adapted from liner notes.
- Tevin Campbell : lead and background vocals
- Babyface : writer, composer, producer, all music and background vocals
- Daryl Simmons : producer
- Randy Walker : MIDI technician
- Jim Zumpano, Donnell Sullivan : recording engineers
- Rail Rogut, Steve Warner, Ulrich Wild : assistant engineers
- Dave Way : mixing engineer
- Ivy Skoff : production coordinator
|New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)||9|
|US Billboard Hot 100||9|
|US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)||2|
|US R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay (Billboard)||1|
|End of year chart (1994)||Position|
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||45|
- Tevin Campbell - I'm Ready (CD liner notes) - Qwest/Warner Bros 9362-45388-2
- "Australian-charts.com – Tevin Campbell – I'm Ready". ARIA Top 50 Singles.
- "Charts.nz – Tevin Campbell – I'm Ready". Top 40 Singles.
- "Tevin Campbell Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Tevin Campbell Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)". Billboard.
- "Tevin Campbell Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay)". Billboard.
- "Billboard Top 100 - 1994". Archived from the original on 2009-03-01. Retrieved 2010-08-27.
|This 1990s R&B/soul music song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|