I'm in Love (Lennon–McCartney song)
|"I'm in Love"|
|Single by The Fourmost|
|B-side||"Respectable" (O.Isley- R.Isley-R.Isley)|
|Released||15 November 1963|
|Recorded||October 1963, EMI Studios|
|The Fourmost singles chronology|
|"I'm in Love"|
|Song by the Beatles|
|from the album The Beatles Bootleg Recordings 1963|
|Released||17 December 2013|
|Genre||Rock and roll|
|Label||Apple, Universal Music Group|
"I'm in Love" is a song credited to Lennon–McCartney and possibly written by John Lennon. In 1963 the English Merseybeat band the Fourmost made a recording of the song at the EMI Studios, produced by George Martin.
John Lennon said, in 1971, “Me — I wrote it for the Fourmost.” He seemed less definite in his 1980 Playboy interview. In Paul McCartney's authorized biography, Miles seems to refer to this song as a collaboration.
The B-side, "Respectable", is a cover from the Isley Brothers.
In America, the song was recorded by the short-lived West Coast band, The New Breed. It appears on the album The New Breed Wants You! and was the B-side of their single "Green-Eyed Woman", released on Diplomacy Records in 1965. The record was a regional success in the Bay Area (their home base) and other parts of California, but not nationally.
Recordings of "I'm in Love" as the Beatles may have performed it are available on the 1989 album by Bas Muys entitled Secret Songs: Lennon & McCartney and on the 1998 release It's Four You by the Australian tribute band The Beatnix.
The New Jersey-based band The Weeklings recorded a version of the song for their 2015 album, Monophonic. It has also been covered by Seattle-based Beatles cover band Apple Jam on their album Off The Beatle Track.
A Beatles demo version was released in 2013 on the iTunes exclusive album The Beatles Bootleg Recordings 1963.
- Compton, Todd (2017). Who Wrote the Beatle Songs? A History of Lennon-McCartney. San Jose: Pahreah Press. p. 58. ISBN 978-0-9988997-0-1.
- Miles, Barry (1997). Paul McCartney: Many Years From Now. New York: Henry Holt and Company. p. 181. ISBN 0-8050-5249-6.
- "single release info". Jpgr.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-09-09.
- "The New Breed discography". Deaddisc.com. GDFD. 2007. Retrieved 22 February 2016.
- "Tagtuner.com". Tagtuner.com. 2006-12-18. Retrieved 2011-09-09.
- "Gnudb.org". Gnudb.org. Retrieved 2011-09-09.
- "Answers.com". Answers.com. 1998-08-21. Retrieved 2011-09-09.
- Pfeiffer, John (October 28, 2015). "Shoreworld: The Weeklings, 'Monophonic'". The Aquarian Weekly. Arts Weekly Inc. Retrieved February 22, 2016.
|This article about a song by one or more members of the Beatles is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 1960s single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|